Like Tree12Likes

Apartment with access to Olympic and Sheung Wan

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Yes so many restaurants in the shopping malls then walk to tai kok tsui very good local food and then you are 15 min walk to mongkok.

Yes I was referring to usable space. I don't know how mentioning the gross size can help. True size is more relevant in my opinion.

I think Olympic would be your best bet, but what about some new buildings around Jordon or Yau Ma Tei? Coronation Circle?

Little side rant: I really am getting frustrated with people who keep recommending SYP and Kennedy Town because they have become so expensive in the last 6 months with the MTR opening. They're the same prices, if not more than Sheung Wan. SYP has new buildings popping up every month, and you can't get anything for much less than 30k in them. The older buildings tend to not be styled very western-friendly or will have old dinky bathrooms/kitchens, and almost no views. For example, we looked at Island Crest about 2 years ago, and saw some options for around 22k. Now they're all roughly 30k. Island Crest is now unaffordable for us.

BUT if the OP wants to live somewhere with more "culture" or a less sterile feeling, then he should look around at what is available in Sheung Wan, SYP, or Kennedy Town. You can take buses like the 905 (905 goes along Des Voeux Rd. almost to Kennedy Town, 904 leaves from Kennedy Town) or buses like the 914 (maybe 930?) from Queen's Street/Connaught Rd. West bus stop to Olympic. One option in Sheung Wan might be Queen's Terrace. Should be able to get something within that budget and the location is pretty ideal for transportation/buses to Olympic. Apartment layouts are reasonable as is the overall estate. The neighborhood is interesting to walk around to see a bit of culture, and the areas around Hollywood Rd. are nice for a quiet walk.

Last edited by Elegiaque; 06-08-2015 at 09:43 AM.

@ac_HK by the way, we do similar commutes, it's always about 20-30 minutes door-to-door. Sheung Wan Queen's St./Connaught Rd. stop to Olympic area = 20-30 minutes. Jordan to Sheung Wan (MTR) = 30 minutes exact (I could be in my classroom . Only problem might be waiting for buses.

ac_HK and howard.muller like this.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. We ended up going near Olympic in end. We decided to go for metro harbour view. It is not the best for the MTR but the view was great and the price was too hard to resist!

Elegiaque and howard.muller like this.

@Elegiaque we're moving back to Olympic (again) after an eye-opener staying K-Twon. Good area but not for living, price+size . We have the same issue. where do you get bus from Olympic to Sheung Wan and which bus via Western Tunnel?

914 might be what you're looking for. Can get it from Tai Kok Tsui road.

howard.muller likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ac_HK:
    Thanks, was looking around olympic today, seems a nice area but a bit sterile/business-like. Would prefer somewhere with a small bit more shops/restaurants.
    Just sent you a private message about a flat in Prince Edward.

Close to MTR, good public transport connections to Central, Olympic and Kowloon Station, Sheung Wan Kennedy Town. Food eateries galore in that area.
    Last edited by big_panda; 05-10-2015 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howard.muller:
    @Elegiaque we're moving back to Olympic (again) after an eye-opener staying K-Twon. Good area but not for living, price+size . We have the same issue. where do you get bus from Olympic to Sheung Wan and which bus via Western Tunnel?
    The KMB#905 bus goes past olympic shopping mall via the Western Tunnel and through Sheung Wan before stopping at Wan Chai. Also there are red mini buses that stop outside as well which go to Sheung Wan before heading down to Kennedy Town. All very convenient and regular.
    howard.muller likes this.

Thanks ac_HK! Will scout that bus soon.. Am sure you'll get your place soon

thnx big_panda..sounds great! Will be in the area this weekend and will check it out! great help & thx all!