Kornhill accomodation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kornhill accomodation

Hi,

We are seriously considering renting this apartment in lower Kornhill but are not sure of the rent the landlord is charging! He is asking for $13k. He has renovated many things in the apartment but still, considering that the economy is really bad and going to get worse, is it a good price for Kornhill or too expensive???

If any Kornhill residents can help in particular, that would be awesome. Any comments are welcome, as such.

Also, the landlord is a company, not an individual so they are a bit stricter about everything. In general, are company landlords better or individuals?

One last question, how difficult is it to get a break clause added in the agreement especially keeping in mind that it's a corporate landlord??

kornhill

Is this for the 582sq/ft apartments? opposite jusco?

I think you can get lower but it also depends on the floor and decor.
    Sounds kind of about right.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob70:
    Is this for the 582sq/ft apartments? opposite jusco?

I think you can get lower but it also depends on the floor and decor.
    Sounds kind of about right.
    Fortunately, this is not one of the 582 sq. ft. ones which have a triangular kitchen. This one is 620 sq. ft. Block N, top floor... is it reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by rapid_jap:
    Fortunately, this is not one of the 582 sq. ft. ones which have a triangular kitchen. This one is 620 sq. ft. Block N, top floor... is it reasonable?
    I have been quoted prices between 12000 (588 sqf in Block N, 1st floor) to 13500 (635-648 sqf in Block F and G). 582 sqf in Block N 15th floor for 12500. Considering the location the prices seem "normal" but I didn't like it.
    Saw two nice and private units in Kornville next door, even the building isn't the newest the apartments were in very good shape and had a good view (hill side), but they had 3 bedrooms (777 sqf) and asking price was 17k.

Where are you actually working? Maybe there are some better places if you don't mind a short commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    I have been quoted prices between 12000 (588 sqf in Block N, 1st floor) to 13500 (635-648 sqf in Block F and G). 582 sqf in Block N 15th floor for 12500. Considering the location the prices seem "normal" but I didn't like it.
    Saw two nice and private units in Kornville next door, even the building isn't the newest the apartments were in very good shape and had a good view (hill side), but they had 3 bedrooms (777 sqf) and asking price was 17k.

Where are you actually working? Maybe there are some better places if you don't mind a short commute.
    I work in Central, my hubby in QB that's why we are interested in QB, walking distance for him. We thought of North Point as well but our inclination is more towards QB.

You know what the funny dilemma is?? People in my office said today that HK will not be impacted by all the market turmoil so much this year but it'll start from next year and that is when the rents will also start going down. Our problem is whether we continue where we are right now (we are in the flexible period here) and think of shifting next year at a lower rent or just move to Kornhill now with a break clause in the contract which allows us to quit sooner if we wish to... any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rapid_jap:
    I work in Central, my hubby in QB that's why we are interested in QB, walking distance for him. We thought of North Point as well but our inclination is more towards QB.
    I see. I briefly looked around in North Point, too, but nothing much there IMO. QB would probably be better as you say.

You know what the funny dilemma is?? People in my office said today that HK will not be impacted by all the market turmoil so much this year but it'll start from next year and that is when the rents will also start going down. Our problem is whether we continue where we are right now (we are in the flexible period here) and think of shifting next year at a lower rent or just move to Kornhill now with a break clause in the contract which allows us to quit sooner if we wish to... any suggestions?
    I don't know if and when the prices will drop but I think you have to decide this yourself, depending on your current arrangements; if you like it you could stay put and wait for a while, but if you don't feel comfortable there then maybe you should just move as soon as possible.

620 is the 2 bdrm with the nice kitchen.

13K with new decor all in sounds OK. You are not getting ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by thursday:
    620 is the 2 bdrm with the nice kitchen.

13K with new decor all in sounds OK. You are not getting ripped off.
    Thank you for the feedback thursday. Although we are having to go through a lot of trouble with the final agreement since it's a corporate landlord and their agreement is like some 20 pages long!! And basically they disclaim all of the liabilities so just requesting them to make a few changes.

I noticed from gohome.com.hk that rentals in general are slowly going down but Kornhill seems to be staying put so far!! Even some of the 588 sq. ft. ones are still 13k which is ridiculous, especially with that horrible kitchen!

One some other thread, someone suggested to start a common page where everybody posts their latest rental details - price, location, condition of the flat etc. That'll be so helpful! I'll post an update ones all the terms are finalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    I see. I briefly looked around in North Point, too, but nothing much there IMO. QB would probably be better as you say.

I don't know if and when the prices will drop but I think you have to decide this yourself, depending on your current arrangements; if you like it you could stay put and wait for a while, but if you don't feel comfortable there then maybe you should just move as soon as possible.
    Hmm..overall considering distance, comfort, more space etc., it's best that we move, as long our negotiations with this landlord work out ok...

Yes.. second that.. for $13k, it's a good deal compared to what I settled with. Same building, smaller unit with useless kitchen for $14k, signed in Aug. See you in the building!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast