Flat to bright

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flat to bright

We have recently moved to Hong Kong and renting a flat in Tin shui wai. The flat has been newly renovated which is great. However, the windows are quite big and no curtain rods have been installed. The flat is very bright during day time which hurts my eyes. I am wondering if the curtain rods can be requested to the owner to install? And who normally shoulders the cost - the tenant or the owner?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Curtains places will usually put them up for free when you buy curtains from them.

Did you ask the landlord about curtains before you signed the lease and moved in?

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    Did you ask the landlord about curtains before you signed the lease and moved in?
    Unfortunately my husband didnt. I wasnt present during the contract signing and just came to HK last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    Curtains places will usually put them up for free when you buy curtains from them.
    Thanks for the info.

Ask the landlord, if he agrees to fit them, then great.

If not, it will come out of your pocket.

Wow, that is the first time, I've heard this complaint in HK. Usually people complain they have no view

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    Ask the landlord, if he agrees to fit them, then great.

If not, it will come out of your pocket.
    Thanks.

Well, I got a view, some sort of, but there is plenty of light pollution outside out night. So I bought those curtains like you find usually in hotels. I have a darkroom on demand now.

Asking the landlord? I wouldn't bother with anything I can do myself within 10 Minutes. Leave alone the mess that local 'experts' usually create.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast