Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By jmbf

The Coronation in yau ma tei

Closed Thread

The Coronation in yau ma tei

Hi does anyone here live at the coronation in ya ma tei, or able to tell me about the shuttle bus there?

Since it's far from usual transport options, I heard they operate a minibus to TST and a 7 seater van to Olympic? Can anyone confirm if it is still operating or cancelled?

I work at IFC but wonder how convenient it will be for the trip to the office.

Quote Originally Posted by orrock:
    Since it's far from usual transport options
    You mean 300 metres walk to Austin MTR Station or 450 metres walk to Kowloon MTR Station?
    Last edited by emx; 22-09-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    Tocs likes this.

Austin MTR station won't help him much if he is headed to IFC in Central. Kowloon Station, Yau Ma Tei MTR or Jordan MTR would all be better options but none are particularly close or convenient.

Yes I believe there is still a shuttle bus to Olympic but it's very crowded at peak times.

Forget the Coronation - it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by jmbf; 22-09-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Just walk to Kowloon station, and then its only one station... not most scenic walk though...

Quote Originally Posted by Tocs:
    Just walk to Kowloon station, and then its only one station... not most scenic walk though...
    That's a really annoying walk. Mostly because you can see Kowloon Station which is fairly close by (as the crow flies) but then you have to walk this roundabout route. What should be less than 10 minutes becomes closer to 20 (door to station entrance).

As I mentioned in another thread - The Coronation made a bit of sense when it first opened and the rents were significantly lower than comparable units elsewhere. Now the prices have risen and that advantage has been erased.
    Tocs likes this.