Tai Wai Rentals 10-15k

Reply
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    87

    Tai Wai Rentals 10-15k

    Has anybody got any knowledge about Tai Wai for rentals between 10-15k? Preferably within 10min walk of the MTR and preferably a newish building built in the 2000's. A gym would be good too.

    thank you


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,645

    Perhaps look at Peak One. It's newer so it has facilities, but as it's newer the gross/net ratio is crap.


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    87

    What do you mean by gross/net ratio? That the rent will be high? I did see a place listed on sqfoot for 14.5k there...hard to go by online listings though.

    Thanks Claire


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,645

    Gross/net ratio - the net size is a lower percentage of the gross size for newer properties, as more of the gross size is used for clubhouses, swimming pools, etc. In rare cases the net size can be as low as 60% of the gross size. Developers fought hard to have the net size not included; amazingly they lost that fight.


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,121

    You could have a look at Festival City. Big newish complex close to Tai Wai MTR.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privat...#Festival_City


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax
    Gross/net ratio - the net size is a lower percentage of the gross size for newer properties, as more of the gross size is used for clubhouses, swimming pools, etc. In rare cases the net size can be as low as 60% of the gross size. Developers fought hard to have the net size not included; amazingly they lost that fight.
    Ok I know what you mean...like when they list the unit as 400sqft/ 250sqft actual

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbf
    You could have a look at Festival City. Big newish complex close to Tai Wai MTR.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privat...#Festival_City
    Thanks will check that out again...although I haven't seen anything cheap say 1 bedroom.
    Last edited by King Wally; 29-09-2015 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,645
    Quote Originally Posted by King Wally
    Thanks will check that out again...although I haven't seen anything cheap say 1 bedroom.
    Most apartments in this kind of estate tend to be for families, so minimum 2 'bedrooms'.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In a bucket
    Posts
    87

    Yep. I'll be better off walking agent to agent. Won't be there for a few weeks.

    I think Grandway Garden, Grandeur Garden or the Tai On Building might be more my style, with prayers for neighbours who leave small noise footprints.

    Last edited by King Wally; 29-09-2015 at 06:47 PM.