Like Tree19Likes

Landlord demands for Salary Income proof (Bank or Tax statement)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

In a free economy like HK you can ask the needy to do anything, even abnormal stuff

[QUOTE=Open Casket;3287081
    I don't have statistics in Hong Kong, but I'm guessing that as long as you get deposits from renters (so they have skin in the game), less than 1% of renters default. And I'm also guessing that more people default based on choice than on lack of money to pay.[/QUOTE]

In the real world, many tenants simply don't pay the last two months rental which uses up the deposit. Far more than 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    In the real world, many tenants simply don't pay the last two months rental which uses up the deposit. Far more than 1%.
    That might be true, but are low income earners more likely to do so than higher earners?

I know a lot of high earning expats who did just as you say.

I agreed with TheBrit's analysis by clicking the 'Like' on his post. I mentioned this thread to my wife, my wife is a local Hong Kong girl. She said that you must be very careful as it is common in Hong Kong, when contracts turn sour, for disgruntled parties to turn up at your place of work and cause embarrassment...

I think that is the old HK style, have you heard of such a thing happening recently?

The more you earn the less likely you are going to dispute a non-returned security deposit? or a portion of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome
    I can fully understand the LL wants to have proof of employment, but I don't think how much one exactly earns is any of the LLs business.
    Personally it would be a deal breaker for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5