Like Tree15Likes

High rise lift wait

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Well, there don't seem to be the same issues in Europe or most other parts of Asia for example. None of this queuing for restaurants at lunch time there. The lunchtime scrum and loitering over seated people still eating seems to be a HK phenomenon.
    yes, everyone in hong kong has to have lunch at exactly 1:00pm and dinner at 7:30.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    yes, everyone in hong kong has to have lunch at exactly 1:00pm .
    That is certainly what it seems like in Central, yep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    That is certainly what it seems like in Central, yep.
    i think its all of hong kong. not just central.

going to work in our office building, seems everyone is trying to make the 9am start so the que for the lift can be very long so I decided never to be on time
    Lunch we always go before 12pm to beat the crowds and always try to leave the office before 6pm.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    yes, everyone in hong kong has to have lunch at exactly 1:00pm and dinner at 7:30.
    Don't forget Yum Cha! Though that doesn't seem as common in central or the office culture as it does where I live in the NT.

my neighbors do lunch at 1:00 , Yum Cha around 5:00 (I'm burning my mouth on a shrimp dumpling right now!) and dinner around 9:00.

Feels like your work places have really shitty elevator-planning. Am I just incredibly lucky building wise or what? I used to work in Jardine House and live up in Mid-Levels.

Jardine House was a breeze, with 6 huge ifts servicing about 20 floors, extremely quick, even at rush/lunch hours.

My house had 6 apartments per floor, total 37 floors and I was up at 34th, a few times there was a hick-up, if someone was holding one elevator (moving in/out etc). And sometimes in the morning I could get a 2-3 minute waiting time, but I think during 3 years I never waited more than 4-5 minutes.

This is HK. You do what the bosses tell you to do. Your lunch time is set by your bosses, no deviation and no challenging their Infinite wisdom.

Skierx likes this.

using packed lifts every morning has become a habit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3