Horizon serviced Apartments - Ma On shan

Horizon serviced Apartments - Ma On shan

Looking for an apartment and my company have recommended the Horizon serviced suites, the feedback I can find says do not go near but these all seem a few years old can anyone provide an update are they still to be kept clear of?

Thanks

Hi
    I have just moved into Horizon Habourview, Hung Lok rd.
    Although still small compared to UK average it is surprisingly spacious. 1 double room and 1 single room. Bedding and towels included. Plenty of storage space. Decent fixtures and fittings. Fridge, microwave washing machine included.( No kitchen supplies at all though kettle, plates, utensils etc) WiFi available in lobby and communal areas and club house. If you want WiFi on room it is extra and is bit of a pain to sort out. Have to sign up with external company. Needed to buy own router and phone filter. Don't have problem with noisy neighbours, but that is probably more luck than the quality of sound proof! Nice pool area, gym and club house.
    We have harbour view which is spectacular and definitely worth few extra dollars a month.
    Shuttle bus available to hung hom and TST MTR but always massive queues. I walk to Hunghom in 15 min
    Not had any problems with maintance issues yet, so can't comment on customer service.
    Hope this helps
    Ruth

Last edited by Rhenders; 14-10-2015 at 09:16 AM.

A friend lives at the Horizon serviced Apartments in Ma On shan for a few years, it is under renovation at the moment, from the top down, although he has had no cause to complain about the work so far.

One issue to note, certain floor(s) are reserved for mainland tour groups, of course this causes the common areas to be swamped with visitors entering and exiting the building, it was chaotic before, but now they have one separate lift dedicated for the tour groups use.

There is an old thread on Harbourview Horizon you can search for. I've stayed there before. Basic feedback is the apartment itself is pretty nice and I enjoyed the surrounding but unfortunately the management will hike your rent by a substantial margin (15%) when I tried to renew. I also heard there is a lot of construction in the area going on now because of the MTR line.