Like Tree16Likes

Recently moved to Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Howard, I just briefly saw on FB a listing for a flat in Chai Wan, a converted warehouse, 2200sq ft, 2 bedrooms for $22k. I didn't catch which street it was on.
    Might not be legal though!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Might not be legal though!
    Might have been, but the photos of the place looked very attractive. I'm unsure of the laws of HK in regards to changing of of usage for a property (warehouse to residential).

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Might have been, but the photos of the place looked very attractive. I'm unsure of the laws of HK in regards to changing of of usage for a property (warehouse to residential).
    3 words. Pretty much impossible.

If it's still listed as a factory / warehouse / commercial all utilities will be supplied at higher business rates. Plus protections such as noise nuisance don't exist as such and you may have neighbours whose business is 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    3 words. Pretty much impossible.

If it's still listed as a factory / warehouse / commercial all utilities will be supplied at higher business rates. Plus protections such as noise nuisance don't exist as such and you may have neighbours whose business is 24 hours.
    My biggest worry with these "conversions" is getting chucked out.
    If I was single or just 2 of us, it wont be a big issue but getting chucked out as a family with dogs etc is not something I'd be wishing to deal with.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4