Like Tree7Likes

Family friendly apartment complexes near MTR in east HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Family friendly apartment complexes near MTR in east HK

Hi all
    I ve just moved to HK and am looking for accomodation for my family and I . My wife and I have two kids age 13 and 11 and I would like for all of us to be able to walk to MTR stations . So far I have found Bamboo Grove on Kennedy Road which was a 10 min walk via Hopewell Centre - and I really liked the fact that its a large complex full of families . Are there any other complexes that could be comparable and within 10 -12 min walk to MTR stations - preferably in the East ?

I looked at Park Towers atop Tin Hau MTR but didnt find renovated units plus it was pretty noisy from street traffic (maybe I wasnt on a high enough floor?) apart from being small units (but i dont mind smaller living spaces if I can get the convenience of location )
    I work in Kwun Tong but am looking at schools on HK island
    I ve seen apartments in North Point mid levels and Happy Valley but I do want to able to walk to MTR stations.

Any advice on apartmnet complexes will be welcome .

If you work in Kwun Tong, you would want to live in Tai Koo Shing or quarry Bay Area. Taikoo Shing is an excellent place for your need. I find Tin Hui to be noisy and dirty. Where are you kids studying

I enjoyed living in Bamboo Grove and it's definitely geared for families. That said, I think Latex offers sound advice.

Hi latex and Huja
    thanks- that helps ! I m still looking at schools and may have an option at Chinese international for one kid and looking at nord Anglia / Canadian/ delia for the other. Any particular complex that you may recommend in Tai koo shing ?

Oh sorry I didn't realise taikoo shing is a complex. Will check it out

LeSommet in Fortress Hill is 5 mins walk to the MTR

What's your budget?

Good tip Drunken master - looks good online. Will check it out. Would you know if it has loads of expat families ?

My relatives live there. There are many Japanese and some Caucasian expats. They have a club house with gym, outdoor pool, BBQ, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. Whenever I pass by the kids playground I can hear the kids speak native (or near native) English

Last edited by Drunken Master; 08-11-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    namboo likes this.

70 k HKD

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast