Like Tree22Likes

deciding where to live and work

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    I decided this thread was a pretty good trolling effort after the post about 10-12 hours of sleep per day.

I've never known any HKer who claims to operate on, or need that much sleep.
    Last Sat night I ran out of control of time and resulted in only 8 hours of sleep. As a result, I felt sleepy in a meeting in afternoon after an orienteering competition in the morning, clearly a sign of sleep deprivation. Today I slept for 13 hours before I could wake up without an alarm clock!
    Last edited by Michael Tsang; 16-11-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: correct typo

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tsang
    Last Sat night I ran out of control of time and resulted in only 8 hours of sleep. As a result, I felt sleepy in a meeting in afternoon after an orienteering competition in the morning, clearly a sign of sleep deprivation. Today I slept for 13 hours because I could wake up without an alarm clock!
    On the off-chance that you are real and not a spoof, please go to your doctor. 9 hours is plenty - more than most other people get. You should not need more so you do probably have a medical issue.

Maybe grandma gave him a bamboo bed and he can't fall asleep so that's why he needs to lay there for a few hours first to fall sleep?

jimbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    On the off-chance that you are real and not a spoof, please go to your doctor. 9 hours is plenty - more than most other people get. You should not need more so you do probably have a medical issue.
    Agreed

When I was working in IT banking it was crazy busy throughout the working day.
    I survived on 5-6 hrs sleep a night and it was fine, usually hit the wall at around 3 pm but nothing an espresso didn't fix

6-8 Hours of sleep for an adult should be fine. I don't remember the last time I got 12 hours of straight sleep.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4