Apartment recommendation on HK side, budget 40k HKD

Apartment recommendation on HK side, budget 40k HKD

Hello,

I am going to relocate to HK in February and would like to find an apartment around central, sheung wan area. Prefer to live in a new building at high floor. Preferably has 2 bedrooms. Any suggestions? heard that SOHO 189 is pretty nice and nice. close to the central and mid-level, also relevantly quite. any suggestions??

Thanks,
    Johan

Nep

I have looked at SOHO 189 and I found it also to be nice.

The typical trade off in my opinion is: new place with smaller size or older place with more size.

We chose the first one.

Assuming that you are single, you will be able to find a nice place with that budget.

First take a look at the online property sites like centaline, midlands, and sothebys.

Then visit one of the countless local property agents and look at the flats. What you see online and what you get in reality is mostly two different things.

Yeah it's nice but small. You have to find your trade off point. Best to look when you get here. The internet isn't what it seems.

Look at Goldwin Heights . 2 Seymour Road. gym swimming pool. shuttle o central. Escalator close by. Super markets within walking distance. Public transport from Robinson Road. under your budget. 780 sq ft net area

Thank you everyone for the recommendation. Central and mid level are nice, but might be a bit too much for me. I prefer somewhere quieter, mixed with local and westerners, a bit 'hippie'. So, Shueng Wan is on my list. Any other alike areas on HK island?

I will live with my partner and prefer to have two bedroom. The other one is for friends or family visitors.

Thanks,
    /Johan

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by reexyq
    Thank you everyone for the recommendation. Central and mid level are nice, but might be a bit too much for me. I prefer somewhere quieter, mixed with local and westerners, a bit 'hippie'. So, Shueng Wan is on my list. Any other alike areas on HK island?

I will live with my partner and prefer to have two bedroom. The other one is for friends or family visitors.

Thanks,
    /Johan
    Look at Happy Valley, Tai Hang and Tin Hau on the island if you want a good mix of local/westerners and a "special vibe".
    Sheung Wan too as you mentionned. All within your budget.

island crest in sai yin pun
    centre place on high street
    hollywood terrace in sheung wan