Moving to Hong Kong help with accomodation

Closed Thread

Moving to Hong Kong help with accomodation

Hello
    im moving to Hong Kong in April with my husband and three year old daughter . We will be working in quarry bay and are looking for somewhere relatively close to live (20 minute commute) that is safe family friendy near to amenities ,am I asking for too much!!
    Our budget will be 35 k per month but would love to pay less. We need a two bed and as much space as possible would be great with security ,so any building you can recommend would be great to know about
    thank you

We have just arrived in Hong Kong and are also working in Quarry Bay. We decided to take a serviced apartment for a few weeks to give us a chance to explore various locations nearby to decide where we wanted to live. If you are looking to pay 35k or less, you might want to look to the east of Quarry Bay at Shau Kei Wan or Sai Wan Ho. If you want to be close to lots of expats, you would be better off in Mid-levels or Wanchai, but the quality of the accommodation probably won't be as good. The MTR at that end of the line is much quieter, the area has lots of food shops and restaurants and you can get apartments with harbour views and easy access to outside space. One of my co-workers also has a three year old and he has recently taken an apartment at Grand Promenade because it has space nearby to ride bikes and is a short bus ride to Quarry Bay. Happy hunting!