Like Tree62Likes

Getting kicked out because I

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If I rented my property to someone and the found out by accident that the person was renting it to someone else (who I would know nothing about) I would not be happy. You didn't think to let the landlord know what you were doing?
    I agree. Absolutely. Sorry, I have no sympathy to the OP in this case. You rented from the landlord. The landlord trusted you as a person/ tenant to take care of their property ( remember, it is not yours, only on loan) and you rent it out to some person you have never met nor vetted. Anything can happen. Like...um, a hell of a lot of damage. Greed reaps ...wrath.
    huja, alph, jimbo and 3 others like this.

Technically he cannot forcefully remove you, shit you can even keep living there without paying rent if you want to play games, it would take the LL minimum 3 months to get a court order and have bailiffs to forcefully remove you. that is if you want to take it that far.

When negotating of getting your deposit back, if the LL plays silly buggers and doesnt want to, DO NOT HAND OVER KEYS until you have your deposit back, NO CHEQUES, CASH IS KING. \

Threaten the LL with the knowledge above

Next time dont make silly mistakes.

He can't repossess the flat without a court order or enter your flat with his keys without your permission. Just don't move out. Tell him he'll get the flat back when the lease ends upon mutual inspection and the return of the deposit in cash. Change lock and don't leave until you got everything back. There is nothing he can do to make you leave. Well nothing worth the deposit anyway
    Even if he calls the cops, it's a contractual matter, nothing the cops can enforce.

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 17-12-2015 at 11:21 PM.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Ah but the intent was there
    That's evidence enough.

OP
    Just grovel to the Landlord and say sorry blah blah and it won't happen again and see what he says.
    That's all you can do
    Jimbo, full of BS as usual. Repossessing an apartment without a court order is going to end the landlord in jail. I get it that the landlord might be angry, but forum mob sentiment isn't the law of the land.

@OP - I'd get legal advice because the Landlord might bring civil charges against you and no one here will be able to get you proper advise. Regarding the repossession - I would simply tell the landlord know and remind him that he is breaking into your home if he enters it in your absence.
    Last edited by er2; 18-12-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDocHK:
    No, I don't see any government stamp.

CLIC - Landlord & Tentant - What is the consequence of failing to stamp a tenancy document?
    eIIe likes this.

All right. I'll have an update today I guess. I'm leaving for Christmas on Sunday and I sure hope not to find my place taken by someone else when I get back.

Last edited by TheDocHK; 18-12-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDocHK:
    All right. I'll have an update today I guess. I'm leaving for Christmas on Sunday and I sure hope not to find my place taken by someone else when I get back.
    Don't be so negative, maybe they are nice people....
    scrambler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    The hypothetical "you" could sue the tenant for compensation and damages.
    Interesting. On what basis could the hypothetical you sue the tenant for "compensation and damages"?

I'll change the locks tomorrow if the situation hasn't changed today. I don't want to seem uncooperative and I know they might take the fact that I changed the locks as a act of war.

I'm a bit negative because the landlord employee is being very moralistic and does not seem to accept my apologies, but still, the law is the law and event if intent was here, I didn't rent the apartment and a simple warning would have been enough for me to remove the listing from Airbnb.

He thinks that I'm some kind of crook that's subletting apartments to illegal people, but I'm just the average dude that's trying to round up figures by renting my place for 6 days. This was a mistake from my side.

Last edited by TheDocHK; 18-12-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    The hypothetical "you" could sue the tenant for compensation and damages.
    Please remember that I did not rent the place. Yes, the intent was there but I removed everything from Airbnb when the landlord asked me to.

Absolutely nobody except myself lived in the apartment in exchange of money. I hosted my brother for 2 weeks (he was on vacation in HK) and he slept on the couch while I was sleeping in the bed (and of course he didn't pay for it), but I don't think it's illegal or lease-breaking.
    Last edited by TheDocHK; 18-12-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast