Like Tree27Likes

Which flat to choose?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Which flat to choose?

Would you rather an amazing flat with no facilities, or an average flat with amazing facilities? Same price and similar locations.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Would you rather an amazing flat with no facilities, or an average flat with amazing facilities? Same price and similar locations.
    Amazing flat with no facilities

Average flat with amazing facilities.

Lord Dashwood and misshappy26 like this.

I should add - two working parents and a small baby who can't currently swim or benefit from playground but obviously will down the line.

I would go average flat with amazing facilities BUT only if you are going to live happily in it. If the flat is not what you want and it makes you or your wife miserable then the facilities are not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    I should add - two working parents and a small baby who can't currently swim or benefit from playground but obviously will down the line.
    I think you answered your own question. You can make an average flat amazing, and use the pool/playground/facilities etc as and when they are needed.

As a parent with small children I can't recommend enough how useful a swimming pool and indoor/outdoor playgrounds are. Even if your baby is a few months old now it won't be long be she/he is crawling, walking and swimming.

It is great to be able to take them out of the flat, have them meet other children and adults, play with other toys, learn to climb and develop gross motor skills... Blow off some of the inexhaustible energy they have. Can be a good break for the parents too, some time to relax in the playroom as they enjoy themselves with unstructured play.

I wouldn't consider moving somewhere without facilities until they're well into school years.

jrkob and Lord Dashwood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I would go average flat with amazing facilities BUT only if you are going to live happily in it. If the flat is not what you want and it makes you or your wife miserable then the facilities are not worth it.
    I'm the wife

It's such a hard choice. One flat is big, modern, room for the whole family and a second kid if one comes along, balcony. No facilities at all. One is smaller, old (1980s), no balcony but the block has pool/playground/tennis.

We currently live in a modern every flashy facility building and we hardly use any of it.

Amazing flat, no facilities. You can always join a club with facilities. Impossible to make an average flat (eg dark, too many small rooms, odd shaped rooms, low ceilings) into a great flat.

misshappy26 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs
    You can always join a club with facilities.
    Which club can you always join?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast