Like Tree9Likes

Where to live in Hong kong with two kids, who will join GSIS?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you ALL very much. That is very informative.
    Actually our plan to move to Hongkong, which was initiated two years ago, is a bit delayed. Two years ago, we already contacted the school, paid the "reserving" fee. So i think, we have been told the same thing like chingleutsch and Nep just said.
    But it is very good idea to double check it. We will call the school tomorrow. It is good to know whether Peak Campus or Wan chai Campus before planning where to live.
    Two years ago, i spent also 10 days going around, and my concern is also about commuting. You know, two kids two different places, a travelling husband, plus weather, and kids can just got sick in the kindergarden or school at any day, so maybe it is not good when the way is too far, for some time you will get a call from either school or kindergarden, please come and pick your kids up, they are not well...

In Hongkong island, for about 1,200 sq. ft. I think it has to come around 55K or 60k to have a place, which actually fits to my thinking, which already not so fancy, right?

Does any of you have good experiences with a local estate agent, who is reliable and reasonable?
    Thanks.

your older one will definitely be in Peak campus. I would highly suggest Aberdeen or even Kennedy town area as that is not far from either of the Peak campus for your older one and PFL for your younger one. Do not stay in Sai Kung if its your first time being in HK as it is far and will be hard to make friends and have play dates for your younger one (you will have lots of those and should do as much as you can)...

For your husband, both areas are good for public transport network link within the island....

good luck

mummybw and shri like this.