Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MandM!

Best online method to search for apartments

Closed Thread

Best online method to search for apartments

What's the online search engine website that's most useful for apartments?

I asked my landlord to lower the rental prices on our next contract and they said they'd get back to me but never did so I'm ready to start looking for new accommodations. I've got some people on the ground in HK but I want to do some filtering before I ask them to help me search.

There isn't one. The sites are not up to date - they are merely hooks to get you into an agents office. They can be useful for price comparisons, but not for actually finding somewhere to live; for that you need actual legwork and (probably) an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There isn't one. The sites are not up to date - they are merely hooks to get you into an agents office. They can be useful for price comparisons, but not for actually finding somewhere to live; for that you need actual legwork and (probably) an agent.
    Agree but

Buy & Rent Hong Kong Property - 28Hse - Apartments, Homes, Real Estate for Sale seems most current.

Yeah actually 28hse is not bad and now they have ios/android apps, english interface, etc. Getting a lot better than the options available a few years ago.

This one is good, even has an app to download

https://www.spacious.hk/en

I would type centadata estate name then you can usually see some transaction history. They have coverage of most of HK.

shri and WMDS like this.