Like Tree4Likes

How is the visionary area near ESF tung chung?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I've done that walk for kicks as was considering Visionary at one point. No way I could do less than 20 minutes to Caribbean coast, not to mention you need to cross the road and go to your tower and wait for the lift.

If you have a suit and 15 minutes, you're a pile of sweat by the time you reach the MTR.
    People walk at vastly different speeds. I've done it too plenty of times (as the start or end of a hike) and it would not take me more than 15 minutes. I rarely care about sweating - I wear clothes that can deal with it.

I'm 20-25 minutes and I think I'm a fast walker. I'm normally running over people or pushing them out of the way.

There's no way someone could get from their flat to the platform of Tung Chung line in 15 minutes unless they are running at some point.

Given I think majority walk slow, to say 15 minutes applies to a small audience.

People always downplay their commute. I've had people insist they get from their flat at Kowloon Station to Central in 5 minutes. Only if their flat is on the platform and they teleport from Hong Kong Station to the Island Line.

jmbf likes this.

Kennedy Town to work in Central takes my colleagues 45 minutes door to door.

Kowloon station takes 5 minutes from your flat to the podium and another 10 minutes to take the second lift, walk through the mall to the MTR. It would take 30 minutes (20 min if you rush and get lucky and the train is there) to get to your office at IFC from your flat in Kowloon station.

Tung Chung trains last time I was in Tung Chung were running at 8 minute frequency during peak morning rush. Usually have to wait 2 trains if you want a seat so time quickly adds up.

The Tung Chung trains only run at 8 minute intervals off-peak. They are much more frequent during peak hours on weekdays. Less so at weekends. Plus there are several buses that go direct to Central - my colleague who lives in Tung Chung says those buses are more convenient than the MTR for people living in the Visionary area (that may actually be where he lives, it's close anyway).

MandM! likes this.

I haven't been in Tung Chung in a long time. Which bus goes to central? I'm guessing the airport bus.

How often do the trains run during peak hours nowadays?

I haven't been in Tung Chung in a long time. Which bus goes to central? I'm guessing the airport bus.

How often do the trains run during peak hours nowadays?
    Yes it was an A bus number he quoted me. I was not listening closely. I think the trains go about 4 min intervals at peak. 6 most of the day. 8 on weekends. Just looking right now at the MTR app it's 7,6,6 for the next few
    MandM! likes this.

Kennedy Town to work in Central takes my colleagues 45 minutes door to door.

Kowloon station takes 5 minutes from your flat to the podium and another 10 minutes to take the second lift, walk through the mall to the MTR. It would take 30 minutes (20 min if you rush and get lucky and the train is there) to get to your office at IFC from your flat in Kowloon station.

Tung Chung trains last time I was in Tung Chung were running at 8 minute frequency during peak morning rush. Usually have to wait 2 trains if you want a seat so time quickly adds up.
    You don't half talk complete rubbish. Tung Chung line trains are four minutes leeway at peak hours, sometimes two minutes. Eight minuets is off peak, not commuting hours. Door to desk commute Kowloon station to Central office takes me 15-20 minutes. Kowloon station to IFC would be sightly quicker, but not much. Certainly not 30 minutes.

There's no way you get from your flat in Kowloon station to office in Central in 15 minutes. The walk alone between HK station to Central takes at least 6-7 minutes.

Doesn't really matter, your time is more liberal, my time allows people to arrive on time. I rather be early than late and sweating. But thats me.

There's no way you get from your flat in Kowloon station to office in Central in 15 minutes. The walk alone between HK station to Central takes at least 6-7 minutes.

Doesn't really matter, your time is more liberal, my time allows people to arrive on time. I rather be early than late and sweating. But thats me.
    I guess I must have spent the last seven years imagining it then. I leave just after seven most mornings, stop at Pret for a coffee and always get to work on time to login and get set up before the seven thirty morning call.

Perhaps all the clocks at my house, my phone, the MTR station, my work and the clocks of all my colleagues around the region are all wrong?

Or maybe you're just talking shit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast