Like Tree4Likes

How is the visionary area near ESF tung chung?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How is the visionary area near ESF tung chung?

Please let me know the pros and cons of this area - the visionary area , near ESF
    and if possible rent for a 600 sq flat or more

You can find prices here.

https://www.spacious.hk/en/hong-kong...8e3ff/for-rent

It's a new building, so it has advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:

All appliances have warranties, so if anything breaks, just get it serviced, no need to deal with difficult landlords.
    No need to worry about mould
    Cheaper rent as many flats come on the market at the same time
    ESF Kindergarten

Disadvantages:

If there are any construction defects, you'll be the first to discover it
    Building management is still figuring everything out, so things may not run as smoothly
    It's quite a distance from the MTR, but I assume it has a shuttle bus, but nonetheless it'll add to your commute
    It's got 40 floors and three elevators, so during the morning rush it could take some time for the elevator to come.
    Looking at it on a map, the towers are surrounded by other towers, so if you concerned about privacy, this may be an issue.
    Noise from Lantau highway or the airport may also be a concern.

I have read on internet forums that there are no shuttle buses at the Visionary.

I think @paulleeevans lives in Visionary - might have something to add?

That's not the place that was in SCMP a few weeks ago as having a serious biting insect infestation is it?

We're in the Visionary. There is no issue with insects (now). There is no shuttle bus to the MTR but there is a bus service 37m which runs at 10-15min frequency between the MTR and the Visionary. There are also direct buses between Visionary and Kowloon / Central etc.

The building itself is new and for us, there haven't been any major issues. Also we haven't had any elevator delay issues during peak hours as someone else had mentioned above. The general crowd living here appears to be the airport/airline workers.

The clubhouse is nice with soon to be 24 hour gym, cafe, library, indoor basketball court and indoor childrens playground. Some of it requires further payment to use but at reasonable prices. The one negative for us has been the ongoing delays with the opening of the swimming pool. Other than that, all good.

Pros
    New estate, new facilities
    Cheaper, for now

Cons
    Far from MTR (prob 25+ minutes walk)
    Not frequent bus service to MTR
    Just too far
    Rental will increase a lot at the end of first year

Conclusion
    Look at the estates closer to MTR if you need to leave the house to work

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Pros
    Far from MTR (prob 25+ minutes walk)
    Not frequent bus service to MTR
    Just too far
    Rental will increase a lot at the end of first year
    It takes me 15 mins to walk to the MTR at a normal to brisk pace - i've timed it multiple times. During the morning/afternoon peak hour, the bus is every 10 mins so frequent enough.

It is annoying on weekends though when its every 15 mins and if you just miss it!
    HK_Katherine likes this.

I've done that walk for kicks as was considering Visionary at one point. No way I could do less than 20 minutes to Caribbean coast, not to mention you need to cross the road and go to your tower and wait for the lift.

If you have a suit and 15 minutes, you're a pile of sweat by the time you reach the MTR.

The Visionary via link bridge to Caribbean Coast clubhouse 5 mins.
    Caribbean Coast clubhouse to City Outlet entrance 15mins
    City Outlet to MTR 5mins.

So 20-25 mins depending on walking speed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast