Like Tree6Likes

TST Real Estate Agent?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TST Real Estate Agent?

Hi,

My wife and I are currently in HK doing a "look see" trip and want to check out apartments/buildings in TST. We have heard that places near the Kowloon and Olympic MTR stations may be good options for us (we are a family of 4 with 2 young kids, moving from America, so looking for a relatively large place). Does anyone know of a good real estate agent that works in that area? We met with one yesterday, but were very disappointed as he only showed us one building (Austin a Grand), and did not show us units that matched our criteria. Since we are only here until Saturday, we want to have something set up in advance as opposed to showing up randomly to a local office.

Thanks in advance.

TBH, TST is not the area to live anymore. Most buildings are quite old and whole area is overcrowded. Depending on your budget West Kowloon (Sorrento, The Arch, One silversea etc) or Olympic MTR or Hampton place are better places. Do little homework on Centadata/midland to get the idea about current transaction prices.. Property agencies are everywhere, find an agent in that area, walk-in and put your requirement very clear.. Usually i dont rely on one agent and never ask TST agent to look for Olympic MTR.. All the best..

Thanks! I guess I meant West Kowloon instead of TST .

If if we walk in, will they be able to show us units rift away or would we have to return another day to look at flats?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If they have the keys they can show them immediately, although sometimes they'll have the keys but still need to check with the landlord, which would delay things.

Usually they have key for vacant flats and you should be able to see it right away.. If not, go to next door agency.. Little bit of homework about size and rental price of flats in your desired buildings will go long way and make things much easier instead of relying on him to show you what he wants to..

SquareFoot / GoHome.Com.HK have floor maps of most of the buildings - that should help you identify which buildings have layouts that are suitable. Be aware of the listings though - many of them are bulk agency listings and the units may be priced incorrectly or not available.

We always use Frances Fok from Ricacorp in Jordan. Phone: 9015 6242

She's a senior, knows many of the landlords personally and has managed to negotiate some good rental prices for us. We live in The Harbourside btw which I can wholeheartedly recommend with young children, nice pool and amazing playroom!

Good luck and welcome to Hong Kong!

shri, TheBrit, MandM! and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    SquareFoot / GoHome.Com.HK have floor maps of most of the buildings - that should help you identify which buildings have layouts that are suitable. Be aware of the listings though - many of them are bulk agency listings and the units may be priced incorrectly or not available.
    I wouldn't recommend SquareFoot though. Their listings have no posting date which means you have no idea when it was posted. That information is pretty useful in my opinion. If the listing was posted a month ago, it's probably gone. I use 28hse, GoHome, and Spacious. I'd say GoHome and 28hse has most of the listings. Spacious has a really nice interface and they act on feedback but the problem is they don't have as many listings as the other 2 I've mentioned.
    shri likes this.

You find an agent in that exact area. Obviously you know the housing in your area and not as well in others.

Visiting hours for some estates are 9-5 so if you go at 4pm, you're going to have trouble. Go early in the day, Kowloon station. Walk up the MTR to the podium. Have about 3-5 agents there all the time with floor plans and keys.

Have your passport ready as they may record the showing. Remember who you saw which flat with as you are responsible to rent through them for that flat they showed you or liable for double commissions if you rent the same flat with another agent. Technically speaking....

Don't waste your time with online.

I've had friends who stopped working in real estate 10 years ago. Their listings are still online. It is a competition to have the most listings to get visitors but no one realises it is all crap. Experienced and successful agents don't have time to be taking photos and listing stuff online. It is showing flats and selling them that earns their income.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast