Like Tree13Likes

Villa/flat neighbour refusing to pay their share

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    -
    Posts
    1,763

    Did the neighbours give a reason why they won't pay? Maybe in their opinion the septic tank cleaning happens too often and they think their usage of toilet is less than yours?

    If you need to clean the tank too often there is a reason for that. All waste water , not only toilets but also washing machine and sinks go into the tank. Imagine three families using one septic tank.... The trick is to divert all waste water into a nearby gov sewers or in the absense of that all but toilet water into the ground.

    If neighbour doesn't want to pay there is not much you can do. It's not worth the legal costs and effort.

    chuckster007 likes this.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,468

    If they are unreasonable it is very quick and easy job to cut their pipe outside on government land, before it runs underground where it is affixed to YOUR property, and fit blank off piece.

    Present them bill for past pumping cost, and the next charge, else service will be disconnected.

    It would be worth contacting your district office too, they cant fix the problem but they might help educate the middle floor owner, just a thought.

    chuckster007 likes this.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,583

    does your village have a village head / representative, I assume the 1st floor are locals (Hongkies). Find out if there is one and ask for his help with some gift offerings LOL

    shri, JAherbert and jimbo like this.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,468
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    does your village have a village head / representative, I assume the 1st floor are locals (Hongkies). Find out if there is one and ask for his help with some gift offerings LOL
    agree 100%, that would fix the 'problem' faster than any court case
    chuckster007 likes this.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    39,713
    Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    agree 100%, that would fix the 'problem' faster than any court case
    Unless it is the village head's son that is living up there.

    OP - Welcome to HK village life. (sorry, don't have anything productive to add here)

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    6,583
    Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    If they are unreasonable it is very quick and easy job to cut their pipe outside on government land, before it runs underground where it is affixed to YOUR property, and fit blank off piece.

    Present them bill for past pumping cost, and the next charge, else service will be disconnected.
    Love this idea as well, seal their pipe off as they are not willing to pay. FECK EM
    Give them a warning, No money no Toilet LOL
    MandM! likes this.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    does your village have a village head / representative, I assume the 1st floor are locals (Hongkies). Find out if there is one and ask for his help with some gift offerings LOL
    I'm not sure if there is one, but even if there is, the village head has no obligation, right?

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,372

    Don't quote me, but I heard some friends of mine receiving messages such as 4 flat tires on ones car. They complied and no problems since.


  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Did the neighbours give a reason why they won't pay? Maybe in their opinion the septic tank cleaning happens too often and they think their usage of toilet is less than yours?
    They think it's too frequent. Their household actually has 5 persons, whilst mine and 3/F each has just one/two.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by mun35:
    They think it's too frequent. .
    How often are you emptying it? If you're doing it more than once a year there is something wrong. The septic tank is designed to separate solids from liquids. The tank should discharge to a soakaway.

    Your rainwater drains should not go into the septic tank - they should go to their own soakaway.

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3