Where to live? Work in central

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    FZK

Where to live? Work in central

Hello all,

My husband and I are moving from Boston to Hong Kong in september and we're looking for a decent housing not too far from his work in central.
    We're looking for a 2 bd apartment, in a modern building with a gym/pool, overlooking a park ideally or at least walking distance to one, and walking distance to a metro station/subway.
    We're 30, no kids, so would love a lively area during the day, but still quiet at night. Budget is 30,000HK.

Does such a place exist? if you have any recommendations of building names, streets, or even areas I should look please let me know.

Thanks!

Try harbour place, oi king street, hung hom, outdoor pool, indoor pool, 5 minutes walking distance to promenade, 5 minutes walk to new MTR stop whampoa , 10minutes to Hung hom station
    Whampoa has a lot of restaurants, but the area is quite quiet

Island Crest in Sai Ying Pun is for you. Pool, gym, clubhouse. 5 min from SYP MTR which is 2 stops to Central. Near Sun Yat Sen Park. Bars and restaurants on High Street an 10 min walk to Soho.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Island Crest in Sai Ying Pun is for you. Pool, gym, clubhouse. 5 min from SYP MTR which is 2 stops to Central. Near Sun Yat Sen Park. Bars and restaurants on High Street an 10 min walk to Soho.
    How much for 600 sq ft at this place,? Hkd27,000? I know that harbour place will be at around hkd 18,0 00, yes, it's probably more expat orientated, but in harbour place, there are Westerners, Japanese, Indian as well as locals

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    How much for 600 sq ft at this place,? Hkd27,000? I know that harbour place will be at around hkd 18,0 00, yes, it's probably more expat orientated, but in harbour place, there are Westerners, Japanese, Indian as well as locals
    OP said budget is $30K. Sai Ying Pun still has a ton of local dried goods shops and a large wet market, it's not a Western neighborhood.

OP said budget is $30K. Sai Ying Pun still has a ton of local dried goods shops and a large wet market, it's not a Western neighborhood.
    Depends which part, Queen's terrace has higher proportion of expats, , though des veoux road west has traditional seafood shops

a ton of local dried goods shops and a large wet market, it's not a Western neighborhood.
    With these criteria, I wonder if there is a "western" neighbourhood in hk at all!

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown
    With these criteria, I wonder if there is a "western" neighbourhood in hk at all!
    Pok Fu Lam, the Peak, Repulse Bay...

Anyway I don't think Sai Ying Pun is a Western enclave, if you walk around there you see lots of local people shopping at local stores, incense burning all over the place, etc. There are a handful of new blocks that I think OP would like (in addition to Island Crest, Soho 189 and the Summa are also options).

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown
    discovery bay, feels like you have left HK

Pok Fu Lam, the Peak, Repulse Bay...

Anyway I don't think Sai Ying Pun is a Western enclave, if you walk around there you see lots of local people shopping at local stores, incense burning all over the place, etc. There are a handful of new blocks that I think OP would like (in addition to Island Crest, Soho 189 and the Summa are also options).
    Pok fu lam?!?!???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast