Like Tree32Likes

Property in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hi Alex, Property price is way too expensive here, with 20-30m we can get a medium size and quality I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Definitely go to Yuen long area.
    Yes Yuen Long probably more suitable for me, but in that case my wife and kid will miss Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    Hi Arif, sorry I don't have recommendations for where to live, but I think the word you want is "commute" not "communication". You mean you need to commute daily from HK to Shenzhen? (That is, travel from here to there and back often.)
    Thanks a lot for correction, I often make this error. Appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    Which port you use for crossing borders now?
    Office is near from Shenzhen Bay port. But now I use Huang Gang/ Lok Ma Chau one, there is bus service from Jordan to Huang Gang.

there are many buildings above Elements mall. Visit all of them and check out club houses of all of them.
    At your budget range you should be able to get a good sized apartment....

with a young baby and a mom who will probably want to get out for a walk, shop for groceries and generally get out of the house while you are away and not have to take transportation around, this is the best place imo

Mrs. Jones and Arif Chowdhury like this.

Are you sure about 20-30 million for medium size property? At this price in this market, i would rather suggest to reconsider your buying decision first.. Better rent large place in whatever area you end up choosing and see if you like there first..

Arif Chowdhury likes this.

He must refer to 20,000 - 30,000 HKD for monthly rental.

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids
    there are many buildings above Elements mall. Visit all of them and check out club houses of all of them.
    At your budget range you should be able to get a good sized apartment....

with a young baby and a mom who will probably want to get out for a walk, shop for groceries and generally get out of the house while you are away and not have to take transportation around, this is the best place imo
    Or try Victoria Towers which is just one stop by minibus from Elements but has the minibus to Shenzen border stop in front of their door. Elements/Kowloon Station is also very kid friendly and has a good playgroup/nursery/kindergarten within it's premises,(PIPS).

Quote Originally Posted by bargfeldstegen
    He must refer to 20,000 - 30,000 HKD for monthly rental.
    Why do you think that?
    Mrs. Jones and Arif Chowdhury like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Why do you think that?
    a) It seems like a very wide budget range to buy
    b) OP used at least 1 x wrong term "communicate" vs "commute', so maybe he also uses a wrong term here
    c) OP seems not knowledgeable about HK. Someone considering to buy "should" be better informed.
    d) Maybe I am wrong, anyway, let's see how this thread turns out ;-)

Mat

Kowloon Tong.

"Right between" Shenzhen and Kowloon and plenty of park for your wife and little one (and lots of activities nearby as it's high in terms of education around there).

Plenty of good size flat for 20-30 million (or 20-30.000HKD/m if you rent).

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Kowloon Tong.

"Right between" Shenzhen and Kowloon and plenty of park for your wife and little one (and lots of activities nearby as it's high in terms of education around there).

Plenty of good size flat for 20-30 million (or 20-30.000HKD/m if you rent).
    renting for 20-30k probably gets you half the space than buying for 20-30m. Still good enough.

OP if I were in your position where I had to commute cross border, there's almost no question about moving to NT - vastly bigger properties, reasonable prices and proximity to Shenzhen. 20-30m should net you an fenced 3-floor detached house no problem, especially if you find a village that's located farther away from the urban areas. Yes you'll need a car but a small sacrifice for a large improvement in quality of life.

On the other hand, if you're unsure about staying in HK for the long term, you might want to check out Sorrento and the places above Elements/Kowloon station. You won't have to worry about selling your apartment when you leave, because that place is always in demand and once the new high speed rail to China finishes, the price is going to through the roof. I'm talking about obscene amounts of money from Mainlanders who want an upscale and convenient apartment near the station. You won't live as nice as you would in NT but it'll be convenient and upscale for you as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast