Like Tree15Likes

Austin/Grand Austin

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Noise doesn't care about how high your floor is. I would say the location is horrible at least for the next 2-3 years until everything is built and in place. Also, walking anywhere is not pleasant, rather rough compared to white-bread-world Happy Valley. There is another, slightly older building opposite (The Victoria Tower), overlooking Kowloon Park, this would be a better choice.

MandM! and Char Siu King like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    Jordan was my plan.
    I don't think there's anything in it for walking distance between Austin and Jordon MTR and Olympian 3 and Mong Kok MTR. Yes Olympian 2 will add a few minutes walking time but overall I'd be willing to bet it's a faster overall commute than from Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by bargfeldstegen:
    Noise doesn't care about how high your floor is. I would say the location is horrible at least for the next 2-3 years until everything is built and in place. Also, walking anywhere is not pleasant, rather rough compared to white-bread-world Happy Valley. There is another, slightly older building opposite (The Victoria Tower), overlooking Kowloon Park, this would be a better choice.
    Victoria Towers has poor facilities though and the even the 3bdr are tiny, I think 800 net or so.

I would consider Kowloon Station, better estates with much better facilities and overal a much more kid friendly place. All the school buses stop there as well and you can walk to Jordan Station in 15min or take a quick minibus.
    TheBrit likes this.

Why rent when you can buy?

It's only 30 million for a 3BR.

MandM! and TheBrit like this.

Original Post Deleted
    I think Austin/Grand Austin are lower buildings compared to Elements. I've only driven past so could be wrong but I'm not sure they have 50 floors.

I have lived on the 14th floor, and every morning between 5 and 6 am, a guy collected the beer bottles from the bars. No difference if you stand beside him, or are a bit higher up, the sound just went through. But I guess it also depends on the type of noise.

Anyway, Grand Austin is not a good option at this moment, in my opinion. Not sure about rents, but if it's cheaper than the surrounding buildings, then there is a good reason for it.

Also, Jordan / Yau Ma Tei area is very local, dark and dirty (I liked it though), very very different to Happy Valley. For many expats it's a big turn off.

Char Siu King likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Guess you're not in flat A or B? Sea view flats above 70/F hears the jackhammers perfectly when you open the balcony door.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Guess you're not in flat A or B? Sea view flats above 70/F hears the jackhammers perfectly when you open the balcony door.
    I lived at the serviced flats at Elements and we heard traffic noise from the Western tunnel very clearly, we were on 60-something floor.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Not opening the balcony doors may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Not opening the balcony doors may help.
    You still hear it. It's a constant noise sounds like a rubbish truck picking up trash and never stops. :-p