Like Tree15Likes

Austin/Grand Austin

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Whoa! Where do you work? For that you'd get 1000+ net with all the facilities you could dream of in Bel-Air or Belcher's (Pokfulam)
    yeah I know....

I work in kwun tong though...that makes the south a no no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    yeah I know....

Why not consider Kowloon Tong? Where is the kids' school?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    yeah I know....

Belcher's is right next to HKU MTR station. You could take the Island Line to and change twice to get to Kwun Tong. Or the 101 bus goes direct.
    merchantms likes this.

Yeah HC, being a newbie, in a rush and having a traumatised wife from the dirty serviced apartment didn't lead to the best decision!
    We make mistakes and then we learn...
    I pay 60k for 1000sqf. In reality it's maybe 750.
    while I love HV, facilities are rare and the kids demand a pool...
    We used to live at Celeste Court, 3br 1119 Gross Sqr feet and pool. Have you checked there?
    There are a few others along Ventris road (with Pool) and ofcourse, you've got Leighton Hill which you know about.
    Nep likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Great location though. Kennedy Town and Sai Ying Pun full of new restaurants, next to a shopping center, and on top of an MTR station. Roadwise Western Tunnel is 1 minute away. But yes the flats aren't great, weird shapes and kind of old looking. But I would rather pay $60K to live in 1000+ sq ft in Belcher's than in 700 sq ft and no facilities in Happy Valley, which has major traffic issues.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    But I would rather pay $60K to live in 1000+ sq ft in Belcher's than in 700 sq ft and no facilities in Happy Valley, which has major traffic issues.
    *HAD*, used to, past tense.....before the new MTR line.

Keeping eyes open but so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:

Guess this isn't a balcony TB? Maybe you call it a utility platform?

Its quiet too right? Can I upload a sound clip?!? :-p
    Nice balcony. Seriously.

Damn pollution though!

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    *HAD*, used to, past tense.....before the new MTR line.

Keeping eyes open but so far, so good.
    Ah good point. South Island Line has made things better? I really like HV to be honest but husband has a deep disdain for traffic and so never let us consider it.

Update:
    Saw some great flats at both The Austin and Grand Austin with an agent. Unfortunately the ones I really liked were way over my budget.
    Then we found an okay one but the landlord gave me bad vibes. She wanted a months rent in case we would not sign the contract before a certain time without showing me the contract. I decided to not take the flat.
    By then I was getting frustrated and almost ready to take the same flat almost on ground level because there was no other option.
    Two days before signing the TA while out for drinks a friend of a friend knew somebody's cousin who looked to rent out a flat there. Turned out to be one of the perfect ones. We met, she asked how much I can pay and agreed! No agent fees, newly decorated and we could just pick which furniture we want to keep.
    Moved in yesterday!

shri, chingleutsch and pin like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4