Like Tree1Likes

Apartments in the Hung Hom/Whampoa area

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apartments in the Hung Hom/Whampoa area

Hi! Our family of 4 is moving to HK in April and we're looking for a 3BR apartment in Hung Hom (and adjoining areas). We've engaged a real estate agent to show us around next week, nonetheless any leads we could get would help us understand the scene better. Most posts of attractive options online turn out to be "Oh, that apartment has been leased already a month ago!".
    Also, I hear conflicting views on agent remuneration - are tenants expected to pay a commission?
    Thank you so much!

imparanoic likes this.

Don't rely on online ads, a lot are either old ads or fake ads to draw you in.

Go to agents direct and they'll have exactly what's available now.

Be strict with your budget, If it's $35k for example then say it's $35k, If they show you stuff that's $40k for example then refuse to see it, Don't waste your time and the agents time.

Yes half a months rent commission to the Agent is the norm. The landlord pays the other half.

Thanks ** and jimbo

One more question, are prices negotiable? And my budget is $45k max. Thanks again folks!

Royal Peninsula's nice.

You should negotiate. Trust nobody.

Rental prices are negotiable, and commission is also negotiable. With a budget of 45K, I'd be offering the agent 10-15K flat fee as commission rather than 50% of the first month's rent.

Quote Originally Posted by rahulthappa:
    One more question, are prices negotiable? And my budget is $45k max. Thanks again folks!
    Yes no harm in making an offer assuming it's realistic.

Thank you jimbo, CSK, and drumbrake.

Keep in mind you also need to pay one month's rent and two month's rent deposit upfront. So basically you need to advance 3,5 months rent which includes commission for the agency.

Now finding a flat to rent is the easy part TO. Have you found a school for your kids yet? That can be a bit of a nightmare.....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast