Like Tree12Likes

HONGKONG PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    So where do you live if you are a low income cook, can't access public housing and you don't want your wife and child to live in an unsavoury triad controlled cage or coffin home environment in Hong Kong?

Shenzhen of course, in a modern 1100ft2 apartment. Both he, his wife and child are HK Chinese citizens.
    Fully understand, just repeated what I read from the HA site. But could the fact that they are not under duress with their HK situation (I assume they are more or less settled in SZ) be the reason why it takes already 12 years for them? Or is it really THAT bad for everyone?
    chuckster007 and Skyhook like this.

When it takes years, even for duress cases, then the system is a very sour joke, reflecting badly on the wealthy who happily leave 100`s of thousands of developer owned properties left vacant. There is more than enough property for every one in Hong Kong....

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    This is news to me, and seems really nutty given there is a housing shortage here. What is the official justification for this ?
    For the same reason they ship 150 unskilled one way permit holders in daily, because they can.

They do that to diversify the people and to further diversify public opinion.

That's a nice way to put it. It's the tried and tested United front tactic to shift the demographics in their favour over time to ensure control. See Xinjiang, Tibet, etc

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by javi:
    hi guys.., I want to get house on rent from government because my salary is not enough to support my family.

Q. 1) Anyone of u can tell me plz in which area i can get the house earliest in hongkong??

Q. 2) & how long it takes to get house..
    I have heard that if we apply house in HONGKONG PUBLIC HOUSING AUTHORITY we get housr in 4 to 5 years time minimum.?
    Father in law & family received keys to their public housing last month (total of 4 people), located somewhere in NT. It took them roughly around 7 years or so to wait for approval, this is after constant emails/letters to the housing department to speed things up.

Some people have been waiting for 10 years + and still nothing. Think it's quicker if you have elderly living with you.
    Fiona in HKG and z754103 like this.

Arrow

Hi thanks guys....

Public Rental Housing eligibility says,
    " Half of family member must be in hongkong for 7 years"
    My wife is hongkong permanent resident.
    & my son born in hongkong, he is also permanent resident but im on spouse visa.

In this case,
    We want to to apply house on rent, i would like to know in which area we should apply to get house earlier.???
    ((someone told me that if we apply in tsim sha shui ,central or in posh area then it will take 10 to 15 years. But if we apply in New territories,where govt making new houses then we could get early.... ))is it right?
    Thanks for guiding me....

@javi - chances are very very very very few people on this site have any experience with public housing. Might not be the best place to seek guidance.

Best to start your initial research by approaching the HA, or researching online on info.gov.hk

http://www.housingauthority.gov.hk/e...ion/index.html

I know nothing at all about this but poster number 2 already told you "You don't get to choose"

Skyhook likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The average waiting time for public housing is 4.1 years for families (the time between registering and having the first flat offered). Even if your wife applies today, you aren't going to be getting anything in this year, or the next.

Have you looked at increasing your income? A second/third job for you and your wife? Obtaining new skills for a better paying job?