Like Tree59Likes

Neighbours from HELL... a story of 8 dogs

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark
    That's a face thing, they would lose face if they let you leave early so they're trying to win something back to show how ballsy they are.
    Should i be worried or not then??

Quote Originally Posted by hk902
    Should i be worried or not then??
    Unless they are barrister, that you are from south east asia and stole their meatballs? Nope, I did that with a landlord was being a dick and wouldn't fix things in the flat, I just send a message saying they can keep the deposit, they complained first and did same as you. I just told them they can try kicking me out and I will call the police. They did nothing.

Did landlord send you a letter too?

No they didn't but I'm pretty sure it's a scare tactic. It will probably take longer to do anything, by the time you will be gone.

Ignore the letter and stick to your end of may departure.

Read this website, lots of good info.

CLIC - Landlord & Tenant

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    Ignore the letter and stick to your end of may departure.

Read this website, lots of good info.

CLIC - Landlord & Tenant
    Thanks I did but maybe I'm just not very clued up! What is the worst that could happen if i ignore her letter?

Thanks I did but maybe I'm just not very clued up! What is the worst that could happen if i ignore her letter?
    Sweet FA, u only have a month and a bit to go, the LL will have to go to court to get a ruiling to seize the property, that alone will take close to 3 months and then the Ballifs will come to take the apartment, by that time your long gone.

If she uses a lawyer to sue you just ignore it, look at the other thread where a guy is being owed US$165K and even with lawyers involved the money owing guy just ignore its LOL

ONLY THE GOVT can seize your money from your bank account, the rest can just keep scaring you to pay.

So an update on my situation and I hope to get some more advice from people again!

The dogs now seem to have left the building, the whereabouts I am not too clear but the cats still sound like they are inside. So the noise issue is now pretty much gone but the smell is still there. We met briefly with the neighbour who has confirmed he has moved and so will his animals...however the smell will not subside as it is within the walls, floors, etc. 17 years of filth. He has said he plans to have maintenance work done, ie stripping the entire flat which will inevitably bring noise and further nuisance till the end of our lease.

Due to this we stopped paying our rent this month and the landlord threatened legal action. She would not reduce the rent to a fair amount so we informed her to keep the 2 month deposit and we vacate the flat at the end of May. She then agreed to let us leave early but under the condition that we leave mid May for no other reason than she was trying to be difficult. We refused and now she has sent through a legal letter by email. As per most of the advice I received on here, I wasn't expecting her to go through with this. Please can anyone advise what should be our next plan of action??
    Ignore it. It takes months to enforce any legal action, by which time you will be gone.
    chuckster007 and kimwy66 like this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8