Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Jones

Where should I stay - workplace at Kowloon ICC

Closed Thread

Question Where should I stay - workplace at Kowloon ICC

Hi all, I will be relocating to HK next month and the workplace is at the ICC. I am looking for a 1-bedroom apartment (not studio) of reasonable living space ( abt 300+ net flr area), budget 13 to 15k per month. I hope to find a place where commute time is less than 30 mins.

Hope to get some advice on which area / project I should be looking at, pls. Thanks v much!

Check out Chelsea Court in Tsuen Wan. Saw a 1-bedroom 500+ net flat renting out for $15000. 18 minutes by MTR and 5 minute walk on each side.

Can you increase budget to 20-22k?

Tsing Yi- Tierra Verde estate will get you 500sq net for around that price and shoull be a twenty minute commute.

MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Tsing Yi- Tierra Verde estate will get you 500sq net for around that price and shoull be a twenty minute commute.
    I think the realistic commute from there will be closer to 30 minutes. On the outside edge of the OP's requirements but still workable.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Whilst doing my research on potential areas to stay, I have also shortlisted Olympic station and Chatham Rd North / Hung Hom area (google map says it takes about 25 minutes to get to ICC by bus 11 although I am not sure if it takes into consideration the traffic) . What do you think of these two areas in terms of commute time / ease and environment / amenities?

Thanks.

Olympic I like. The mall is no good but the nearby restaurants in Tai Kok Tsui are worth shortlisting Olympic. Would stay away from Metro Harbourview, some buildings are cheaper for a reason, that estate is said to be haunted and with bad luck. Better to start somewhere that has positive vibes.

Hung Hom is ok and convenient to go to China and Tai wai / Shatin / Tai Po. Difficult to get to central but easy to catch a bus to Causeway bay. For me Hung Hom is just so bland. There is up and coming food options though.

Chathan Road North. TST is very busy and make sure you don't mind being touted everyday (if you have a western face).

If you don't find older flats, check out the flats on Man Wui St, Man Ying St and Man Wai St, just 5 mins from ICC. These older flats are around 600 sq ft and around your budget.

You could check out some of the newer complexes in Tai Kok Tsui - they should have 1 bedroom units in your price range while still being within reasonable walking distance from Olympic MTR. Check out

Upper West
    Lime Stardom
    Park Summit
    Park Ivy