Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nivantj

Moving to HK in end of July

Moving to HK in end of July

I will be moving to HK end of July with my family two kids 4 and 9 . I have started the application process for kids with Delia school of canada although from what I have read and heard admissions are never confirmed in HK until all the formalities are complete but given that application process seems to be going well and they are waiting for us to be interviewed I am assuming a bit that kids would get enrolled to that school my query is more towards accommodation when I arrive in HK I'll be going to IFC however the office will be relocating to Quarry bay in couple of months so I am looking for suggestions and recommendation on apartments around Quarry bay or areas which have decent commute for me and kids along with decent space , kids friendly communities, would like to move in to mixed communities with more expat families. My budget would be around 25K to 30 K HKD.

This is probably the longest sentence i have ever seen..

Considering school area, kid's age and your budget, Taikoo shing perfectly fits the bill..

Bob Loblaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deepaktiw
    I will be moving to HK end of July with my family two kids 4 and 9 . I have started the application process for kids with Delia school of canada although from what I have read and heard admissions are never confirmed in HK until all the formalities are complete but given that application process seems to be going well and they are waiting for us to be interviewed I am assuming a bit that kids would get enrolled to that school my query is more towards accommodation when I arrive in HK I'll be going to IFC however the office will be relocating to Quarry bay in couple of months so I am looking for suggestions and recommendation on apartments around Quarry bay or areas which have decent commute for me and kids along with decent space , kids friendly communities, would like to move in to mixed communities with more expat families. My budget would be around 25K to 30 K HKD.
    Our kid got a confirmed place one hour after the interview so hopefully you will find out quckly. We were in Heng Fa Chuen two stops down the MTR so only a few minutes door to door. Liked it there a lot but not mixed as you requested.

I have a couple of friends with young children who are at Grand Promenade at Sai Wan Ho. Nice sea views and easy access to the harbour front to ride bikes. They are both non-local Chinese, raised in Western countries. Handy for Delia, though I think they send their kids to school at Kowloon Bay and Kowloon Tong.

I used to work in Quarry Bay and San Wan Ho is also convenient ( about a 15 - 20 min walk to Delia) with a nice review promenade. During my lunch breaks, I used to walk along the waterfront from QB to SWH. There is a pretty good recreational park close by, restaurants, large shopping centre and bus/ MTR links. ( closest to Delia is Taikoo) Lots of space to cycle and also close to the Wilson hiking trail.

Thanks all for your feedback. What's the best way to search apartments in these communities reach out to agent or search online and contact individual property owner not sure which is mostly preferred. Any recommended sites, agents ?

Go in person to agency. Going direct to owner requires a decent knowledge of the area and market.