Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aslan

Working at Wu Kai Sha. Son at ShaTin Junior School. Where to live

Working at Wu Kai Sha. Son at ShaTin Junior School. Where to live

Hi there. I will be moving to HongKong with my family at the End of July. We will have two weeks of hotel accommodation before finding an appartment. I'll be working in Wu Kai Sha and my son will be going to school in ShaTin. We also have a daughter who will hopefully be going to a local Kindergarten. We have a budget of 27k per month for a three bed appartment. We don't mind a short (15 minute) walk/ minibus trip to a MTR. We are not looking to live in a high expat area. Can anyone recommend any living areas that would meet our budget and provide flexibility for getting to ShaTin ESF and Wu Kai Sha. Many thanks. Kerry

I highly recommend taking a look at Lake Silver which is located directly above Wu Kai Sha MTR station and a bus terminus. It has an excellent club house with three swimming pools, kids playroom and gym etc. The security and management are excellent too. You should be able to get a nice 3 bedroom apartment within your budget.

Double Cove which is also at Wu Kai Sha MTR station is also well worth taking a look at but it will cost a little more and the apartments are a bit smaller.

Wu Kai Sha is a pretty nice place to live for families with young children. There are 3 supermarkets, a Starbucks, a few restaurants and a McDonalds. It only takes a few minutes to get to Ma On Shan town centre on the MTR.

Thank you very much for your reply. I'd read a little about Double Cove but not Lake Silver. We just want to be slightly prepared so as not to have to spend too much of the two weeks picking an area as well as an appartment. Do you know roughly how long it would take to get to Fo Tan (for Son's school) from Lake Silver? We were thinking this would be by MTR but I've recently discovered there are some school buses. Thank you. Kerry

MTR from Wu Kai Sha to Fotan MTR is around 35 mins.

If you take a green mini bus from Wu Kai Sha to Univeristy MTR and change it will take around 25 mins to reach Fotan MTR.

If there is a school bus I guess it will take 20 mins.

I think best areas for you is an apartment near a MTR station at Wu Kai Sha, Ma On Shan, Heng On or Tai Shui Hang.

I personally prefer Lake Silver or Double Cove At Wu Kai Sha.

I think you will able to work out very quickly which area you would prefer to live in when you get out here.

shri likes this.

Thank you for your reply. I will get researching some of the areas around the MTR stops you suggested.

Can always consider the Tai Wai area. Direct train to Wu Kai Sha via Ma On Shan line and direct train to Fotan via the East Rail line. Plenty of apartments in the area pretty close to MTR.