Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Moving between Rentals

Closed Thread

Moving between Rentals

Hi

Trying to get some advice here as I'm about to settle into a new place.
    Considering some second hand items like bed frames, washing machines and cupboards
    How hard or expensive is it to move furniture between properties?
    How do you all do it here?
    I've seen go van, pricing is a little confusing and am not sure if they do big ticket items

thanks

Gogo van is basically small minivans. Not really suitable for moving several pieces of large furniture. Also, carrying them up and down will be an issue unless you plan on doing that yourself. Best is to call a reputable moving company for a quote. They will charge based on size of items & whether or not they have to go up/down stairs. The latter can have a huge impact on cost. Getting a quotation is free, I have paid anything from 4-8k for moves based on the volume of items being moved & no stairs. There are some dodgy moving companies that basically demand additional payment for obscure reasons so do try to get a referral (for example, saying your furniture doesn't fit in elevator and charging hkd100 per floor per person to move it up/down)

I have a guy that I always use. Typically just a few items and he has a 5.5 ton truck. I pay him $1000 for the day and that is him helping and me too. So he will help but you'll also be sweating. If you have walk up or heavy heavy items then you'll need to add more money.

Add more for any special tolls/parking and you can get a second guy I think it's $800 for the day.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    I have a guy that I always use. Typically just a few items and he has a 5.5 ton truck. I pay him $1000 for the day and that is him helping and me too. So he will help but you'll also be sweating. If you have walk up or heavy heavy items then you'll need to add more money.

Add more for any special tolls/parking and you can get a second guy I think it's $800 for the day.
    That is v cheap nowadays, nice deal

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:

Nice deal! Does he speak English?