Indian Family - advice please

Closed Thread

Question Indian Family - advice please

Hi

My friend and his wife with a baby boy are coming into Hong Kong, can any one guide where to stay in Hong Kong, would like to be in some Indian community place. can any one suggest some place like. Any thing is appreciated looking for a low budget accomodation of around 6K please let me know
    Thanks a lot for your guidance and help

Regards
    Narayana

If you don't mind long commute from work (assuming you aren't going to work near the airport), try to find something in Tung Chung - new apartments and not too expensive.

Frankly, if you could post more details of where you're going to work etc., we can all advise better..

Try this website to get some idea, though:
    [url=http://www.gohome.com.hk]ݯ

going to work in Sheung Wan, Travel of 45-60 mins is also fine with me. Please advise

What about TST, Jordan etc? There seems to be a big Indian community there and you can get the MTR or a bus straight to Sheung Wan.

South Horizons in Ap Lei Chau has a fair number of professional Indians and Pakistanis. Good community... even though it gets way too gossip driven at times.

I'd also try Heng Fa Chuen, TST, Tung Chung... if you have some Indian colleagues, ask around.

Not sure what the rents are and if anything would be in the $6K range.

Sheung Wan and Say ying pun have a big Indian communauty as well but the budget might be a bit low

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    South Horizons in Ap Lei Chau has a fair number of professional Indians and Pakistanis. Good community... even though it gets way too gossip driven at times.

I'd also try Heng Fa Chuen, TST, Tung Chung... if you have some Indian colleagues, ask around.

Heng Fa Chuen is out at that budget, even the small flats (500 sq ft)are around $HK10k I think.

Laguna City has lots of Indians but I dont think you can get anything there for 6K.

Thanks a lot for the advice, will try and check for these areas. per sure.

6K is not possible at all to find something in South Horizons.
    Try to stay in NT, easier to find your budget there

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll: