Like Tree36Likes

Tai po town or Ting Kok Road??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Yes, essentially.

So why do you boil the water (with all the environmental & financial cost that entails)?

Quote Originally Posted by dentarthurdent
    Yes, essentially.

So why do you boil the water (with all the environmental & financial cost that entails)?
    Because a Chinaman told me to They usually are correct in their logic.

Which implies that I am not - please elaborate how I am wrong; I always love to learn new stuff!

Perhaps just a simple water filter?

What is it that you believe you need to remove from the water?

Mat

Curtains / blind and shit -> take a look at IKEA if you don't want anything too fancy and don't want the hassle of going to SSP and the likes finding which shop is ok/nok.

Cornmeal likes this.

Wife did Ikea after little shop lady looked at me and thought, he makes lots of money how about $4000 for curtains that ran us $800 at Ikea. She was even perturbed after my wife turned her offer down, and said he must make at least 100K (which I don't), I gave you free cokes...

Mat and chingleutsch like this.

for blinds, you can check out the shops on Lockhart Road (Wan Chai) or Shanghai Street (mongkok) amongst all the other renovation shops.

IKEA is great, but they have more limited options since they buy materials in mass to get the low prices. I got double roller blinds, so solar and black out, for about 4 rooms (10 sets of blinds due to sizes of windows) for about $8k including installation which i think is reasonable.

Back when i was renting, i just used clothes pegs and some cheap towels over the curtains. haha!

Cornmeal likes this.

there's a local blind shop on Wan Tau St in Tai Po. It's on the corner of the entrance to the carpark behind Fook On Building. They can make any size you give to them, you just choose the colour, material and style. Might be worth checking there before heading further out.

Cornmeal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal
    Now does anyone have any info on the area's restos? Any decent ones? How's the little supermarket that supplies the restos? Is the swimming decent right out front? Any other tips and tricks to living there?
    We tried Tulsi further along Ting Kok Road last night. Not a bad Indian restaurant for Tai Po.
    Cornmeal likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast