Like Tree10Likes

Grand Promenade

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Grand Promenade

Hi guys,

I'm currently renting a 2 bedroom apartment at Grand Promenade in Sai Wan Ho. It has been a living nightmare for me as I can hear a lot of noise from the people above day and night. I can also hear showering and door slamming noise from the apartment below even around 1-2am. The security staff in my tower doesn't want to know or deal with it.

Anybody else living at Grand Promenade who are having the same problem, or am I just the unlucky one here?

Last edited by Eastenders; 30-10-2017 at 11:22 AM.

I know quite a few people living in Grand Promenade and are very happy there. They generally have young children though, so may be contributors to the noise levels!

Kowloon Goon likes this.

buy ear plugs, if you can hear those kinds of noises then the building is made thinly lol and the management staff cant/wont do anything for showering noises or doors being slammed shut, do u even know which unit is making the noises.

I initially thought it was upstairs but eventually found out that it is downstairs! I just think this place is poorly built. I'm thinking of moving to a different floor if available but if this is the norm then no point of living in hell for another year.

Also I can feel my floor and sofa vibrate when somebody (not sure where) is scraping their floor.

I'm using ear plugs every night but it's not a long term solution, I guess I have to move.

Unfortunately, dealing with apartment noise is just the inescapable reality of living in Hong Kong, unless you can afford to rent or own a detached house.

I'm almost certain that the security guards will not do anything about it because they are powerless to do so and probably don't care - at all. If moving out is not an option then you might have to resort to buying ear plugs or using other methods to get even.

In Mainland China, where the apartments are probably even thinner than Hong Kong, they have this gadget that attaches to the ceiling of your apartment and vibrates repeatedly to annoy the tenants above you. It's probably illegal in Hong Kong and dangerous for the structural integrity of the building, but I've read stories about its success. You can actually rent these things from places like Taobao so you only have it whenever your neighbors act up. I've never used one and I don't recommend it but it's interesting to see how people deal with apartment noise.

However, if all the noise is coming from the apartment below you, I can think of a much easier solution to deal with that. Can anyone guess what that might be?

Anyway, here's the gadget I'm talking about:

Annoyed with your noisy neighbours? Chinese retailers have a gadget to help you get even | South China Morning Post

MandM! and spode like this.

Nice estate but your neighbours are luck of the draw.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Your complaints are 100% standard HK. Not limited to Grand Promenade. Its luck of the draw and very, very hard to avoid. One of the reasons I don't live in an apartment!

MandM!, Kowloon Goon and Titus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Your complaints are 100% standard HK. Not limited to Grand Promenade. Its luck of the draw and very, very hard to avoid. One of the reasons I don't live in an apartment!
    Do you live in a house or boat? I'm so curious. I'll even settle for a submarine if that is available in HK!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastenders:
    Do you live in a house or boat? I'm so curious. I'll even settle for a submarine if that is available in HK!
    A boat. No joining walls with anyone.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastenders:
    Village houses are shite as well, I lived on the GF and I could hear the top floor neighbour every night pulling his dog cages from the room to the living room at around midnight when he gets back, I could hear it very clearly, I pity the people above me who lived directly below the top floor ppl LOL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast