Like Tree35Likes

Suggested Accommodation Options

Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSGHK:
    Would definitely consider area around Kennedy road as that would work out best (in terms of decent proximity to all three ESF, QB and Cental ).. However, budget wise might need to cap at 50K (may be 55K stretch).
    Alongside would compare Belchers, PFL, Mid-levels (still love the place, we visited Robinson Place in Jan 2018 and quite like it), Grande Promenade, Happy Valley.
    Macdonnell Road has older buildings where 50k gets you 3 bedrooms and 1300 sq ft
    Give the Real Estate agents on Macdonnell Road and Kennedy Road a ring and they will give you a list

    Personally, I find transportation on Conduit/Robinson Road to be really difficult. So I suggest finding a place with a shuttle bus.
    HKSGHK likes this.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by answerer:
    Macdonnell Road has older buildings where 50k gets you 3 bedrooms and 1300 sq ft
    Give the Real Estate agents on Macdonnell Road and Kennedy Road a ring and they will give you a list

    Personally, I find transportation on Conduit/Robinson Road to be really difficult. So I suggest finding a place with a shuttle bus.
    Thanks @answerer. I would keep in mind the shuttle bus preference for Conduit/Robinson Road buildings.

    For listings I would be reaching out to agents in April once we are in Hong Kong. Really helps to know specific areas that would match ones needs.
    z754103 likes this.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46
    Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback @Deleted....Assume no bus/ train connectivity is it or the commute time? Cabbing a nightmare?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSGHK:
    Thanks for the feedback @Deleted....Assume no bus/ train connectivity is it or the commute time? Cabbing a nightmare?
    Taxis are readily available on Macdonnell Road and in the morning, I expect it would be ~15min. Downside is that it costs 80HKD
    Cheap alternative is take the bus to Central MTR station and then MTR which would be 30min+

    Evening - take the MTR to Admiralty and bus/taxi back

    Living on Robinson/Conduit and commuting to Taikoo would really not be fun.
    HKSGHK likes this.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    21,064

    Admiralty is well connected so you could move to a cheaper location and the person going to Quarry Bay could drive to work. Budget 6K per month for tolls and parking near work.

    45K in the deep parts of Kowloon gets a lot more property.


  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by answerer:
    Taxis are readily available on Macdonnell Road and in the morning, I expect it would be ~15min. Downside is that it costs 80HKD
    Cheap alternative is take the bus to Central MTR station and then MTR which would be 30min+

    Evening - take the MTR to Admiralty and bus/taxi back

    Living on Robinson/Conduit and commuting to Taikoo would really not be fun.

    Ic, understand the taxi situation for Macdonnell road.
    I was told some buildings have shuttle bus to Central /Admirality .


    Also, wondering if there are buildings suiting or requirement (may be not the square ft) in midlevel around Sai Yin Pung MTR (would check once in HK)

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46
    Original Post Deleted

    Husband would in one of the buildings in queens road central, mine will be cityplaza one. Agree accommodation option with a car would change ...

  8. #38

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSGHK:
    Ic, understand the taxi situation for Macdonnell road.
    I was told some buildings have shuttle bus to Central /Admirality.
    I think only the 2 Macdonnell Road serviced apartment has a shuttle. However, Macdonnell Road has a 12A public bus that goes to Central and Admiralty and a 1A Green Minibus that goes to IFC - both run at least every 15min - basically like having your own shuttle. And it's only ~15min walk to Central
    z754103 likes this.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,750
    Quote Originally Posted by answerer:
    I think only the 2 Macdonnell Road serviced apartment has a shuttle. However, Macdonnell Road has a 12A public bus that goes to Central and Admiralty and a 1A Green Minibus that goes to IFC - both run at least every 15min - basically like having your own shuttle. And it's only ~15min walk to Central
    That bus is going to be full in peak hours though. Always was when i tried using it tp get to a hike!
    shri likes this.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46

    Thank you resourceful members for your insights so far.

    To update my situation, my little one has got through ESF HIllside kindie and would be starting there August 2018.
    We have one variable sorted for our accommodation preference viz. child's school.


    For our move in March end we are allocated Santa Fe as the agent for assisting us with the house hunt.

    While we would go by those listings plus might reach out to an agent specialising in Mid-levels central and Mid-levels west area, would request recommendations for agencies/ agents for areas-

    1. East Midlevels
    2. Pok Fu Lam

    Note - while we know there are many property agents along most residential streets but would be grateful to go through someone with recommendation.

    Thanks in advance!


Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast