Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree24Likes

Grand Austin

Well after all of that ended up signing last night for a c.1020 square feet property in Kowloon Tong (Parc Oasis) for HKD43k a month.

Nep and orel100x like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Well after all of that ended up signing last night for a c.1020 square feet property in Kowloon Tong (Parc Oasis) for HKD43k a month.
    Quite a change from where I saw you wandering around on a Saturday afternoon a couple of months ago!
    pin likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Quite a change from where I saw you wandering around on a Saturday afternoon a couple of months ago!
    Yes, as much as we have loved living in Sheung Wan for the past 10 odd years, having kids has changed all of that.

Currently live in Kowloon station, my landlord wants to raise rent by 5k. I got quite good deal in the first place but still it’s a big jump. Now I am looking at listing in grand Austin also I saw a more affordable one in shining heights . Kid goes to Kowloon Tong school. Can anyone compare grand Austin with Kowloon station or any other good options?

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq
    Currently live in Kowloon station, my landlord wants to raise rent by 5k. I got quite good deal in the first place but still it’s a big jump. Now I am looking at listing in grand Austin also I saw a more affordable one in shining heights . Kid goes to Kowloon Tong school. Can anyone compare grand Austin with Kowloon station or any other good options?
    Around Kowloon have you looked at The Waterfront?

We seriously considered Shining Heights but ended up not liking the area there. The units are quite big and decent.

We really really liked Austin / Grand Austin.

We ended up finding a place in Kownloon Tong in the end though.

Grand Austin is new and it is connected to the MTR high speed rail to China. It is not cheap though.
    A better alternative will be the building opposite to it The Victoria heights with better view and closer to Harbour city. Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by ppqq
    Just move up one mtr station to Olympic, you will be able to find substantially cheaper rents there especially in the older estates.

Just an update, we end up rented a lower floor apt in Grand Austin with reasonable rent (<40k for 850sqf net). Really enjoy the new place - beautiful club house the swimming poor etc. Living in Austin is better than Kowloon station in my opinion, the facility is newer and still close to Kowloon station/high speed rail and many other places. There are way more options in deliveroo now.. W1 bus is right downstairs and one stop to central, super convenient. The only thing is the bus starts at 7:30am which is too late for me in the morning, have to take mtr austin -> tst east -> tst -> central (30 mintue door2door, but it is a pain, long walk and tst is so crowded). Going back home (W1 bus) is much more enjoyable journey than before (central->hk station->kownloon).

Nep

just walk down bowring street to jordan station. much quicker.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4