Like Tree24Likes

Grand Austin

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post Grand Austin

Hello

I viewed a fantastic 2bedroom and 2 bathroom flat at Grand Austin (28k hkd), very modern building as I was told the building is only a couple years old. Literally downstairs is the Austin mtr which is great.

The area seems okay when I walked around. A local wet market, a welcome supermarket and okay places to eat.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this area for an expat?

I’m also considering Kennedy Town or Olympic but Austin was definitely the more modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam5:
    Hello

I viewed a fantastic 2bedroom and 2 bathroom flat at Grand Austin (28k hkd), very modern building as I was told the building is only a couple years old. Literally downstairs is the Austin mtr which is great.

The area seems okay when I walked around. A local wet market, a welcome supermarket and okay places to eat.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this area for an expat?

I’m also considering Kennedy Town or Olympic but Austin was definitely the more modern.
    Have you heard the construction nearby?

No I haven’t. The flat is very high up and it wasn’t that bad.

They are building a train to Beijing. It's been noisy for 10 years now but should finish end of this year. It's a great area (especially when it's finished) but when that train station opens your rent will price hike. So you might be kicked out after a year or pay another 20%+ in rent.

They will also be building more high rises there. So it will be noisy when those start.

UK/HKboy likes this.

Thanks.

Apart from the noise element, do you know much about the area and if it’s an overall good place to live for an expat?

Fantastic place

Quote Originally Posted by Sam5:
    Thanks.

Apart from the noise element, do you know much about the area and if it’s an overall good place to live for an expat?
    Depends on your lifestyle. Unless we know your preferences how can we tell you? (Food, life, nightlife, activities, rather be around Chinese or foreigners?)

Many expats would never go across the Victoria Harbour. They call Kowloon "the dark side".

So it's hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Depends on your lifestyle. Unless we know your preferences how can we tell you? (Food, life, nightlife, activities, rather be around Chinese or foreigners?)

Many expats would never go across the Victoria Harbour. They call Kowloon "the dark side".

So it's hard to say.
    My wife will be with my so want somewhere that feels safe for her.
    Food - We love the local Chinese food so would want to be somewhere where we can embrace it however would like options of other cuisines at times.
    Nightlife - Not so much. A nice bar or restaurant will do as and we never stay out ‘partying’
    Activies - We love walking and exploring. We want easy access to MTR to explore which we want.

To me, it’s about ‘more for your money’ and you definitely get more on Kowloon side.

Quote Originally Posted by Nep:
    Fantastic place
    Thanks Nep.

Can I ask why and what are your favourite parts of the area?

I mean a 2 bed 2 bath for 28k isn't exactly cheap. And the location isn't very walkable downstairs. You have to go to Jordan for local places. There are lots of restaurants in Jordan.

Will you be commuting to Central for work?

Everywhere in HK is safe.

SalseroHK likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast