Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree33Likes

Dangerous lift in my building

Buy yourself a new SIM before you whatsapp the media

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    You need a beer!
    What he needs is a new flat......

Wasn't there an elevator crash just a few weeks ago? I'm surprised they're not more proactive. Here's Apple Daily's info if you want to shame them into action:

https://hk.news.appledaily.com/local...80130/57417276

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    What he needs is a new flat......
    He needs both !

I'm a bit media shy so not sure that's for me!

The EMSD finally sent an update. It took three weeks, but they did.

They say they inspected the lift and found no irregularities. This is despite the fact two people have got stuck in the lift this month. I guess I can sleep easy then...

Maybe I am being a bit harsh. At least they did actually inspect the lift. Sadly, I am stuck with this apartment for the next ten and a half months - let's hope I don't get stuck!

I hope you have stairs. Minimise your risk by taking them when you can - you'll save money on the gym too!

Quote Originally Posted by TeachHK
    I'm a bit media shy so not sure that's for me!

The EMSD finally sent an update. It took three weeks, but they did.

They say they inspected the lift and found no irregularities. This is despite the fact two people have got stuck in the lift this month. I guess I can sleep easy then...

Maybe I am being a bit harsh. At least they did actually inspect the lift. Sadly, I am stuck with this apartment for the next ten and a half months - let's hope I don't get stuck!
    the EMSD checking is like the MOT, but they look at just safety features, does the emergency brake is work if the cable snaps, if the motor overspeeds they check the governor is functioning, they check the cable is not damaged, etc.

The annual lift checking and that EMSD safety check doesn't magically turn a 20 year lift in a perfectly operating lift.

I am 99% certain that lift maintenance company has already given a quote to fix the worn parts already, was probably more money than building managers are willing to spend.

sadly there was another lift fatality:

Woman found dead at bottom of lift shaft - RTHK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3