Like Tree13Likes

Midlevels

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Midlevels

Hi, I might be moving to HK soon. If I were to live in Midlevels, and my job would be at Kowloon Tong, then how bad or not would the commute be. I am aware that from Midlevel Central to Central MTR is not far, but in realistic terms, can I walk it to central Mtr from Midlevels Central (to avoid the escalator) or take a bus to central mtr.

On a related note, If I were to live in Kowloon side, what areas (and I mean nice expat areas) would be good for an easy commute to Kowloon tong.

finally, in HK, is it the case that you HAVE to pay 2 months rent as security...that's a lot to start out with, and on top of that your regular first month's rent. are there ways to negotiate that>

also, do landlords and estate agents respond efficiently if you need maintenance work in your flat (e.g. is something is broken, leaking etc)

Quote Originally Posted by batush:
    Hi, I might be moving to HK soon. If I were to live in Midlevels, and my job would be at Kowloon Tong, then how bad or not would the commute be. I am aware that from Midlevel Central to Central MTR is not far, but in realistic terms, can I walk it to central Mtr from Midlevels Central (to avoid the escalator) or take a bus to central mtr.

On a related note, If I were to live in Kowloon side, what areas (and I mean nice expat areas) would be good for an easy commute to Kowloon tong.

finally, in HK, is it the case that you HAVE to pay 2 months rent as security...that's a lot to start out with, and on top of that your regular first month's rent. are there ways to negotiate that>

also, do landlords and estate agents respond efficiently if you need maintenance work in your flat (e.g. is something is broken, leaking etc)
    Beacon Hill is a nice area but a little quiet compared Mid-levels. What is your house budget?

Upfront costs are 2 month rent plus 1/2 month fee for estate agent.

https://www.28hse.com/en/rent/district-g26
    Last edited by East_coast; 22-04-2018 at 04:09 AM.

thanks Kowloon tong (i looked through the spacious website) their prices...they go well over 40k. My budget is upto 40 K, probably high 30s. any other places in Kowloon with easy commute to kowloon tong (must be a relatively nice area)? what about midlevels.

i would not want to go over 40 k, a little lower is better. what do you think of commute from midlevels to kowloon tong

Quote Originally Posted by batush:
    i would not want to go over 40 k, a little lower is better. what do you think of commute from midlevels to kowloon tong
    About an hour to live in a higher density area that is a lot more expensive.
    HK_Katherine and chingleutsch like this.

It's a bizarre idea to live in Midlevels and commute to Kowloon Tong. Why are you so set on it? Horrendous commute. There are many nice areas in HK, what type of area are you looking for?

hin23leung likes this.

If you're near Sai Ying Pun Station, then Midlevels to KTong is not too bad. All subjective, of course.

I live in Kowloon tong and work in Central. The commute is not long but crowded. I go to work after 9 now to avoid crowd. But still crowded lol.

However, from central to Kowloon tong should be much better. Not much crowde. I live and work very close to mtr Station. About 30 35 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    I live in Kowloon tong and work in Central. The commute is not long but crowded. I go to work after 9 now to avoid crowd. But still crowded lol.

However, from central to Kowloon tong should be much better. Not much crowde. I live and work very close to mtr Station. About 30 35 minutes.
    But the OP needs to consider that the Midlevels can add another 20 or more minutes depending on where he is located.
    chingleutsch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kowloon Goon:
    But the OP needs to consider that the Midlevels can add another 20 or more minutes depending on where he is located.
    Yes. Not much residential buildings near mtr in Central. Maybe homantin is good for him. Easy commute and not too far from tst and central.
    Kowloon Goon likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast