Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Late pool opening

Closed Thread

Late pool opening

Hi I moved to Ocean Wings Tseung Kwan O in March. Upon viewing the property I inquired as to when the pool would open and we were told the 1st of April. We rented the property based in this information and explained to the agent it was important to have this facility. However, the pool is still not open and when questioning staff I have been told it will now open in summer but they can’t advise when or which month. The agent and landlady have given no advice on the situation other than to complain to management. Have any other members been in a similar situation? I feel that I should get a reduced rental rate by the landlady as I do not have the property I expected. I also feel let down by the agent who received a finders fee but has not found me the property with the facility’s I wanted. Should I be compensated for this ?

Isn't that a new development? Is this the first year the pool is opening? If that's the case, maybe the developer is not finished yet? New construction always seems to have issues like this (in every country...). I don't think the agent or landlord will compensate you because it is likely the developer's fault..and, of course, in Hong Kong, developer's get away with anything...

Yes. It is the first year it is open but I thought the landlord would get some sort of reduction onb the maintenance fee if everything was not open. I only signed a contract o this for the lifestyle of having a pool

reduced rental fee, hmmm maybe, all depends on your great negotiation skills
    agent giving you compensation = Haaaaaaaahaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa sorry give me a minute haaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaahaaaaaa

civil_servant likes this.

The sea is right across.

Relax really these things happen. Getting a rent discount because the pool is not open? That would probably be a first.

i have a pool. Usually open on time etc but it has happened that renovations needed to take place - don’t think anyone complained or anything.

anyway good luck but I think best is to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sh3ll:
    Yes. It is the first year it is open but I thought the landlord would get some sort of reduction onb the maintenance fee if everything was not open. I only signed a contract o this for the lifestyle of having a pool
    The landlord will not get any rebates for late opening but may get some free vouchers to use the club facilities.

Most cases the pool will not be free of charge and surely will have entry fee. So it doesnt count towards management fee.

A discount? Lol. It’s not their fault and the agent owes you nothing. They provided you the contact, a sales pitch and you took it. I’m sure your rent is cheap now as a new tenant. Wait until at the end of the year when it raises 30%.