Hi all, I will move to my new job in end of Jan/early feb
the office will be in ShaTin, so I want to some recommendations on where to stay.
Here are some details:
- single, so living close to where can meet people/have fun is a plus
- budget <10K HKD a month
- prefer to live alone, but if can get nicer apartment then willing to share (are 2 bed 2 baths apartment in HK very rare?)
- I probably dont want to stay in HK island, since commute would be too long. Probably prefer to be in new territory or kowloon. I am open to suggestions
Some other questions:
- is it the norm to use an agent for finding apartments in HK? what is the normal commission rate?
- what are the typical fees for electricity, water, internet per month? less than 1K a month?
Thanks for any input!