Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Bob Loblaw
  • 5 Post By RobRoy
  • 1 Post By jmbf
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Jones
  • 1 Post By MovingBack47

Apartment thoughts Kowloon Station / Olympic?

Closed Thread

Apartment thoughts Kowloon Station / Olympic?

Hi All,

Looking for some current advice if possible!

We are moving back to HK from Macau and looking for some suggestions from people who have lived in apartments at Kowloon Station & Olympic (we used to live at The Long Beach which we loved).

Since being in Macau I have been diagnosed with a chronic condition that makes it very difficult to get out and about, hence this time we would prefer to live above an MTR / Mall, we like Olympic for Taste and the shops in general, but always used to go to Elements for the cinema, dinner and drinks. Husband will be working in Central.

We're currently thinking Island Harbourview, Park Avenue, The waterfront, Sorrento, or the Harborside.

If possible we'd like a water view.
    Do they all have pools (any with indoor pools)?
    How is sound transfer within the apartments - I appreciate some is normal, but the builds here in Macau seem a lot worse than HK and interior noise has been horrendous (TV, chopping food, talking etc) so just to keep stress levels at a minimum, looking for a good quality build!
    How are the facilities - podium level, tennis, badminton.
    Is the walk from the Kowloon Station apartments to Elements far? I know at Olympic they're right on top, so talking minutes.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Check out Florient Rise in Olympic. It's the closest to the MTR and also one of the newest developments. Noise levels have been low whenever we've visited friends there. Downside is that it is slightly smaller so not as many facilities.

MovingBack47 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingBack47:
    we would prefer to live above an MTR / Mall, we like Olympic for Taste
    If you mean the Taste supermarket on the bottom floor of Olympic II, it's a Marketplace now. Don't know if that matters to you.

We know Island Harbo(u)rview, it's a nice place and well made. Facilities are good. It's not *above* the mall. You walk a few minutes, through Olympic 1 from theMTR station, and you're there. I dunno - 5-6 minute walk from most of the buildings in IHV to the MTR station? But more if you're all the way over in tower 1...

Don't overlook travel times within a housing estate, some of them can be significant.
    jmbf, jimbo and MovingBack47 like this.

We lived in The Cullinan and Harbourside for seven years.

Only The Cullinan has indoor-and outdoor pool, the other estates only have small to moderate sized outdoor pools which tend to get too crowded in my opinion, with the exception of The Arch which has an indoor pool only.

I would say for couples without children The Cullinan has the best facilities in all, only The Waterfront and The Sorrento have a tennis court however. The Harbourside does have badminton, I believe all the estates do.

Sound transfer/build quality is definitely superior in The Cullinan, but aside from some ghosts (or whatever the heck it was!) we never had any issues in The Harbourside either. According to my friends there are more issues in that regard with Waterfront and Sorrento.

You can easily walk to Elements from all estates within five minutes or so, The Harbourside and Waterfront also have covered entrance through the carpark as does The Arch.

HTH

MovingBack47 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Sound transfer/build quality is definitely superior in The Cullinan, but aside from some ghosts (or whatever the heck it was!) we never had any issues in The Harbourside either.
    Mrs. Jones, Mat, shri and 2 others like this.

Thank you everyone, this is so helpful!

I didn't realise Taste had gone, I just used to like it as it was pretty affordable and had all the stuff I liked, I've only ever been into the small Jason's that was in Olympian 1 and found it a little more expensive. But then again, 360 is pretty expensive too!

You've certainly given me some things to think about.

Thanks again

Last edited by MovingBack47; 12-07-2018 at 10:31 AM.

This was so helpful Mrs.Jones, thank you for the detailed description. Certainly good to know about the noise transfer and small pools - I think we were a bit spoilt at The Long Beach - big pool - always quiet, tennis and badminton!

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Not really here for apartment advice. Am just curious about the 'ghosts' (and what had happened) that Mrs Jones mentioned..