Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By toni_celin

Agent recommendations for Wan Chai/Causeway Bay areas?

Agent recommendations for Wan Chai/Causeway Bay areas?

Hey guys,

So I'm moving to HK this weekend and am looking to rent a place- preferably on HK Island. I've reached out to several agents based on online listings (like 28hse) but am having a bit of a problem with communication/responses.

It would be great to get any recommendations/advice on any good agents you may have worked with (on the thread or via PM, maybe?) I'm not too fussed about quality but do have one or two things I would rather not compromise on. My budget's about 11,000/12,000 hkd for a studio. If anyone comes to mind, do reach out- it'd be such a great help to me! Thanks all!

you not going to get an agent to work with you from online when your budget is 12k

this is a walk the neighborhood you like and walk into the agencies

ok sure thing that makes sense- thanks!

I think it's a bit tough to get anything decent in Wan Chai for 12K. A studio in a converted flat would be your best bet. I hate those.

Try to check the classified ads here. There is a studio in Causeway Bay posted; rent is HKD10,800.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Bear in mind that many (not all) studios are actually subdivided flats, especially those priced around or below the $10000 mark. The problem with such subdivided flats is that they often do not comply with fire safety regulations, the partitions are flimsy (hence noise and smell issues) and since subdivided flats do not have their own individual water and electricity meters, the landlord very often can, and do charge tenants higher water and electricity fees.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...ided-flats-are
    Tenants of subdivided flats pay higher water, electricity bills

For your budget, try looking a bit further away from CausewayBay or Wanchai. For example Aberdeen, Stanley, Chai Wan.. Hong Kong island is pretty small, and public transportation is pretty good.

Or try Yau Ma Tei - still very short journey to Central, but 11-12K might give you a decent studio/1B...