Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq

CLP moving out - moving in

Closed Thread

Question CLP moving out - moving in

I'm moving to a new flat. Can't figure out from CLP site if there is a way to "migrate" my current account with them to the new address. Is there? Or should I just close the old one and open a new one???

Call the number on your bill. Once they confirm you are the account holder it can all be done over the phone and you give them the final meter reading date you want for your old address.

Can use your online account to move out and move in.
    https://www.clp.com.hk/en/customer-s...-close-account

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Can use your online account to move out and move in.
    https://www.clp.com.hk/en/customer-s...-close-account
    I saw that page yesterday, but it was what got me confused in the first place... probably will have to call them.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    I saw that page yesterday, but it was what got me confused in the first place... probably will have to call them.
    If you click more, there are links pointing you to the online account!! Did you try that? Also the clp app for iphone and android has these options as well
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    If you click more, there are links pointing you to the online account!! Did you try that? Also the clp app for iphone and android has these options as well
    I'll check the web site in the evening again, thanks.

I downloaded the app now and it indeed has just the right feature - move from/to. They do require a stamped copy of the contract however, so chasing my new landlord for it. Hopefully it will solve my problem. I tried calling them today, but gave up after 30 minutes on the line.

Oh well, you learn something new every day...

I thought CLP supplied all of HK, but it is only Kowloon and NT. HK island is another company, so the question of account transfer is mute in my case