Like Tree65Likes

Accidental Landlord in New Territories

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

@Elegiaque
    Not sure why you are so angry? I'm chilled. I appreciate and feel privileged to have dual citizenships. If I offenended you in anyway then it wasn't intended at all. Just for the maths. You are correct not 35k , its around 42k - I think you missed the thread when we discussed per floor. Again not flunting, just saying what peeps on this thread are telling me - this subject is really getting people hot under the collar. wow... !

Last edited by Wu Tango; 16-08-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    rs4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Tango
    @Elegiaque
    Not sure why you are so angry? I'm chilled. I appreciate and feel privileged to have dual citizenships. If I offenended you in anyway then it wasn't intended at all. Just for the maths. You are correct not 35k , its around 42k - I think you missed the thread when we discussed per floor. Again not flunting, just saying what peeps on this thread are telling me - this subject it really getting people hot under the collar. wow... !

she's not angry, she just has strong beliefs about right and wrong. If you want to see anger, try a thread on buying pets or plastic waste
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    she's not angry, she just has strong beliefs about right and wrong. If you want to see anger, try a thread on buying pets or plastic waste
    No, actually, I think this issue gets me, as he pointed out, hot under the collar even more than those! With some really messed up ideas for how to build new housing coming out that will irrefutably destroy major scenic areas of Hong Kong, this stupid small house policy needs to be addressed. And to think about how poorly the villagers act on top of it all -- ugh. Though granted if he talked about dumping a bunch of plastic waste around his home (usually builders do because they drink bottled water and beer and just toss all the trash around) and filling it up with breeding caged animals, I'd be even more "angry". (But no, I'm not really angry about a geoexpats thread...)

@Wu Tango you're overestimating the rental for a village house. But what does it matter... $30k for free, or $42k for free... Probably enough for you to retire off of, while apparently not having to stuff yourself in a shoe-box home like the rest of us here.

I was trying to think of an analogy... the policy is like if the government said every single woman living in a cage home is given 3 free (700sq/ft) apartments in Hong Kong. Only for those women.
    z754103 likes this.

Almost as ludicrous as this policy:

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2018/08/1...ong-past-year/

HK_Katherine likes this.

rs4

backs on to Ho Pui reservoir - it appears to be in the next to the middle of nowhere, will be difficult to get any tenant in my view, maybe someone who works from and does not need the commute.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7