Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Elegiaque
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By huja

Furniture options other than Ikea?

Furniture options other than Ikea?

Been moving around in HK and everyone tells me the best furniture option is Ikea. But the issue is Ikea furniture isn't durable and not really suited for the humidity in HK. They don't last as well after you disassemble and reassemble.

The other furniture stores I've seen around are significantly more expensive than Ikea. Are there other options in HK?

Best option is the high quality, cheap second hand items you find on classifieds.

huja and East_coast like this.

East_coast likes this.

I had most of my furniture built in to maximise the space in the apartment. All the wood is the same throughout. The contractor was wonderful and seemed to read my mind about what I wanted.
    It depends on how long you will be staying in your apartment. For me it could be life!!
    I hope that I shall never have to change the furniture again!

Does Carousell also work well in HK? I am looking for furniture such as writing desk, chairs and wouldn't mind second hand if they are still in good working condition as I tend to relocate often.

I agree with @Elegiaque. If you are patient, you'll get some excellent furniture for very reasonable prices. It's also worth making a lap around Horizon Plaza at Ap Lei Chau. It was a sort of Expat right of passage to spend a day there when I first arrived to HKG. Not cheap, but consider it a showroom as to what second-hand furniture will be available from the expats leaving Hong Kong.

Elegiaque likes this.