Like Tree5Likes

Reasonable family stay for 2 weeks

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Randomly on AirBnB:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5243206...-17&s=RJGI51cZ

Like I said, depends on the condition of the elderly! I'd certainly not want to stay there... but if you're pinching pennies, there are options.

Seriously though, look at Bridal Tea House / Caritas Lodges and one more.. (not optimistic about about at all) is the T Hotel run by the VTC (its their training hotel) and they randomly have reasononbly priced rooms / special offers.

It's still a busy time- Christmas holidays not yet over for some- I would try pushing back a week or a bit more (but not too much more to come into lunar New Year). My daughter visited me from uni at that time of year and stayed in a hotel and was definitely harder to find a reasonable place than when my mother visited me in March... this was several years ago but I think holiday patterns have not changed that much.

at 1st I laughed at the 10K budget but snooping around in airbnb, there seems to be quite a few places that can fit 5 adults into 1 room which has 2 double beds and 1 single bed for just over 10K budget for Jan 3 onwards (16 days), the pictures dont look too bad, you will have to look at the reviews and also use the translate function.

Good luck

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Hong-Kong/h...s_tag=cqILfUL3

Original Post Deleted
    Its showing as HK$ for me.

Anyways I've just contacted the 1st ad in the picture which is priced at $12086 for the 16 days stay asking them if its HK$ or US$ just to be certain. If its really US$ then its 94270HK$ for 16 days which is HK$5891 for a room only so I highly doubt it

Name:  Airbnb prices in HK$.png
Views: 206
Size:  664.0 KB
    TheBrit and Kowloon Goon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6:
    Try [url=http://www.ctrip.com]Я
    That is odd, the website url went through but my sentences didn't.

Ctrip has a lot of guest houses / hostels listed with prices, pictures, and reviews so you can see if anything works for you there. If you find anything decent try calling the place directly and see if you can negotiate a better price since your family will be staying a long time.

There is also no harm in contacting some lower tier 3 star hotels and seeing if they can give you a special rate. Type a standard email with all the details and cut & paste it to the individual hotels or the HK head office if they have multiple branches. I managed to negotiate a special "corporate" rate at a 4.5 star that was the same as some dodgy airbnbs in my area. The hotel also semi-unofficially let 4 adults as well as 2 adults with 3 children stay while the standard policy was 2 adults only. Only 2 buffet breakfasts though.

YHA Mei Ho House is quite good, but it is around $300 per head per night -

https://www.yha.org.hk/en/hostel/yha...-youth-hostel/

The other youth hostels are cheaper but their locations are remote.

Chi Residences Jordan Road Cheong Lok St. 2 mins. from Jordan MTR,

Are they willing to do pet sitting?? If so, and they can do it well, you can advertise it here under the classifieds.

Thank you all for your response.
    Airbnb link does show HKD for me, but it shows many places from Shenzhen even I searched for HK.
    I have many options now and will contact the hotels that Shri and other mentioned.

Really appreciate.

MABinPengChau likes this.