Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree29Likes

HK Apartment running cost comparison

3k USD will get you about 20sqm in a well located newer building with facilities. Welcome to HK... You might want to revisit your budget or your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond
    MId-levels is not quite city centre.
    Well Central is not a residential district, not sure where you consider to be more "city centre." Wan Chai? Causeway Bay? TST?
    TheBrit and jimbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    Well Central is not a residential district, not sure where you consider to be more "city centre." Wan Chai? Causeway Bay? TST?
    This is why there is so much need to compromise in Hong Kong. City centre is exactly that. Right in the heart of the Central. You will not find much unless you are an absolute FAT CAT. In other cities, city centre is well understood. On here, a place like mid-levels can come up.

This is why there is so much need to compromise in Hong Kong. City centre is exactly that. Right in the heart of the Central. You will not find much unless you are an absolute FAT CAT. In other cities, city centre is well understood. On here, a place like mid-levels can come up.
    You do talk some absolute rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    You do talk some absolute rubbish.
    You live in mid-levels?

I'm having a laugh if you consider this in the city centre.

I really don't know what you're talking about.

Central is a commercial district, there are very few residential properties available at any price point. I've never mat a "FAT CAT" who lives in Central, have you? Unless you're counting Four Seasons serviced apartments.

Anyway this is a weird point to harp on. OP is not going to find 1600 sq m anywhere near city centre, however defined, for HKD 25K a month.
    shri likes this.

When most intelligent people refer to the center of a big city, they mean a few sq km not a few blocks on a straight line. I think there are far more of us laughing at you for this little gem of a post

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem
    When most intelligent people refer to the center of a big city, they mean a few sq km not a few blocks on a straight line. I think there are far more of us laughing at you for this little gem of a post

Sure. Keep telling your selves that. I know the mid-levels and that is definitely not city centre. It is an inner city suburb at best.

I'm having a laugh still

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2