Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 3 Post By lingc

Lockbox for AirBNB

Lockbox for AirBNB

Hi all, where in HK can I buy one of those key lockboxes that people use for AirBnb?

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkee
    Hi all, where in HK can I buy one of those key lockboxes that people use for AirBnb?
    Do you mean a lockbox with an electronic / combo lock on it so your tenant can open it and get the keys + you can change the combo when needed?
    MandM! likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Do you mean a lockbox with an electronic / combo lock on it so your tenant can open it and get the keys + you can change the combo when needed?
    Don't know about OP but I need one of those! Any ideas where to get one?

Kiz likes this.

looking for something like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-5.../dp/B0002YP1VC

Why not fit a lock that integrates with AirBNB?

https://august.com/pages/airbnb

August will automatically generate a custom personal entry code that’s valid at check-in until check-out. Keys can never be reused.

I have the combination lock box. You can go to Wanchai and find it on the street where they sell tiles and other renovation products. I think I got it for about $200 HKD. I use it for all those times I've accidentally locked myself out of my flat and my spares happen to be with friends who never travel but happened to be travelling when I needed them. Hahaha best investment ever for me (my door tends to swing shut with a gust of wind and it automatically locks)

shri, chuckster007 and Kiz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by techjunkee
    As lingc mentioned - available from many hardware stores across town that sell locks. Carry a photo or two of what you're looking for.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by lingc
    I have the combination lock box. You can go to Wanchai and find it on the street where they sell tiles and other renovation products. I think I got it for about $200 HKD. I use it for all those times I've accidentally locked myself out of my flat and my spares happen to be with friends who never travel but happened to be travelling when I needed them. Hahaha best investment ever for me (my door tends to swing shut with a gust of wind and it automatically locks)
    Wanchai is pretty big, do you know the exact street name?

Lockhart road. Between the MTR station and CWB